Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
    Thanks for the insights.
    I'm not sure it's all that much insight, but you're welcome.

I think we'll be a lot different in the middle. None of the 3 youngsters (Wright, Smith, Pugh) are as quick or as good a leaper as Abbie Lehman. But they are bigger and stronger. It will be different for sure and I'm not claiming any of the 3 are ready to be the All American caliber that Abbie became. But we should be markedly more physical.

Jordan is a great kid, an amazing young woman and a heck of a volleyball player, but I just think Kora is elite. Maybe we'll start with a 6-2 but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it will be Kora's team sooner than later.

Comment

I don't know about practice, but in pregame, Kora is already getting all of the setting reps that don't go to Emily, so it sure looks like she's next in line.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        There's no doubt we do lose a ton this year, but Lambo has done a great job of replacing and grooming a great setter to replace a great setter. No way anyone was going to take time from Hiebert this year barring injury. I fully expect Kora Kauling to step in and be super from day 1.
        Lambo certainly has had a string of very good setters over the years. I can remember as far back as Andee Hartig followed by Abby Harsh, Mary Elizabeth Hooper, Chelsey Feekin and now Emily Hiebert. Newton High School has been good to the Shockers as Abby Harsh was a Newton HS grad as well as our two current Shocker senior leaders Emily Heibert and Abbie Lehman.

Comment

Congrats on the win and 2-0 conference start.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
            Congrats on the win and 2-0 conference start.
            Big fan of Kayla Williams game and suspect UCONN is a top 4 team, at least, this season, and with continued recruiting like that, the sky is the limit.

Comment

Lambo's radio show for Monday, September 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Has anyone read the "transcript" just below video window? It is scrambled on purpose, and some of it just hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  Has anyone read the "transcript" just below video window? It is scrambled on purpose, and some of it just hilarious.
                  Clearly the transcription software they use is not the greatest.

Comment

Main thing I took from Lambo's show this week was that he is still searching mightily to find the best approach and best pieces for this team. You get one thing improved and it takes away form something else.

He did say if you want to see what volleyball tryouts look like come to practice this week. I think he mentioned that this could impact 3 active players and potentially pulling a redshirt. My guess is he was talking about the 3 freshman middles and perhaps Megan Taflinger although that's just a guess on my part. It was clear, however, that Lambo thinks he has some holes that need to be plugged.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 26, 2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Main thing I took from Lambo's show this week was that he is still searching mightily to find the best approach and best pieces for this team. You get one thing improved and it takes away form something else.

He did say if you ant to see what volleyball tryouts look like come to practice this week. I think he mentioned that this could impact 3 active players and potentially pulling a redshirt. My guess is he was talking about the 3 frehsman middles and perhaps Megan Taflinger although that's just a guess on my part. It was clear, however, that Lambo thinks he has some holes that need to be plugged.
                      +1

Comment

Lambo is a helluva coach. Love his style and unfiltered commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                          Lambo is a helluva coach. Love his style and unfiltered commentary.
                          One thing about Lambo, he's not going to give you a one word answer to anything. He'll tell you what he's thinking, no matter what that is.

Comment

Working...
                          X