No announcement yet.

WSU Hosts Northern Iowa - Friday, Oct 26th - Buy 1, Get 1 Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another element Lambo pointed out, not mentioned yet, is that we lost serve-receive for the first time in a long time. And that statement with an 11-1 differential in service errors going our way.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Another element Lambo pointed out, not mentioned yet, is that we lost serve-receive for the first time in a long time. And that statement with an 11-1 differential in service errors going our way.
      10-8 according to the stats.

edit: oops, I may have misinterpretted what Moose was referring to). Here are all the team serving stats:
      WSU 8 service errors, 3 service aces
      UNI 10 service errors, 1 service ace
      Last edited by JayJ79; October 27, 2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
        10-8 according to the stats.
        Thanks. I was just recalling the stats given during the postgame radio show and did not look them up in the box score. Thinking back, I recall Chelsey serving two into the net, so clearly I heard incorrectly or incorrect information was broadcast.

Comment

I read that thinking we had 11 errors to 1 ace (not UNI errors). Point being we served receive poorly, as poorly as I've seen all year, against decent, but certainly not impressive serving.

On the other hand, we provided UNI with easy serve after easy serve all night. I can live with service errors when we're being aggressive, but when it's delivering mostly simple balls over the net, like last night, you've got to be near perfect, and we were most certainly not.

Tough night. Gotta forget about it and move on....can't let UNI beat you twice in a weekend.

Comment

This is a terrible thing to do but ...
            In that same 10 year time frame, doesn't Wichita State also have 2 NCAA wins, don't they bring more fans to StLouis than UNI and hasn't WSU won an NIT? There- I just showed yet another school that has brought more value and money than UNI. You could argue several others as well, but it is pointless. UNI fans are starved for attention, they are cold and lonely out there in the wasteland of Frostbite Falls and sometimes, well more than sometimes, they get delusional and fill their heads with silly thoughts of grandeur.

Discussion is pointless. They really think they are much more than they are, they really think they are bolting for a BCS conference "Sooner than later" and they really think they are, or at least should be considered important. They aren't. They are a small, broke, boring teachers college located in a remote part of Iowa, separated just far enough from the rest of the world to still hang out a sliver of hope that in some small way, they matter.

And no, I wasn't trolling, I'm just sick and tired of reading this convoluted bs from UNI fans, they are all so full of crap I'm just not going to be quiet anymore.

This has nothing to do with volleyball and it is from that worthless site mvcfans.com but ... it was funny. I'm not saying that MoValley John is right (or wrong) but, if you know the name "valleychamp" :nightmare: , you probably understand the quoted post. :smile-new:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

While JayJ79 posts on MVCfans, he/she is usually a great poster here and is greatly appreciated.
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It is interesting. Among MVC matches in Frostbite Falls, the smallest attendance was 2260 (WSU@UNI) and the largest was 3907 (MSU@UNI). The others were 3756, 2767, 2552 and 2512. UNI is doing something right (wrt attendance); it isn't just one huge match and then a bunch of poorly attended matches.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                  It is interesting. Among MVC matches in Frostbite Falls, the smallest attendance was 2260 (WSU@UNI) and the largest was 3907 (MSU@UNI). The others were 3756, 2767, 2552 and 2512. UNI is doing something right (wrt attendance); it isn't just one huge match and then a bunch of poorly attended matches.
                  That is paid attendance. You know the story on that. You are comparing raisins to watermelons.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 27, 2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    That is paid attendance. You know the story on that. You are comparing raisins to watermelons.
                    What is the difference in season ticket cost between UNI and WSU? I know WSU charges $55 or $65 for a season ticket, which is very reasonable. What does UNI charge?

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                      What is the difference in season ticket cost between UNI and WSU? I know WSU charges $55 or $65 for a season ticket, which is very reasonable. What does UNI charge?
                      As noted before on this board, UNI has offered a package where $20 gets you season tickets to BOTH volleyball AND women's basketball. That is 77 cents per game.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The 5812 in attendance to watch UNI @ WSU ranks as the 15th highest attended match in all of the NCAA this season. And 13 of the 14 matches ahead of that were at Hawaii (the 14th being Nebraska hosting Notre Dame at the Centurylink Center in Omaha)

Comment

Hawaii just amazes me with their attendance for VB. About the last place you would expect such ouststanding attendance for an indoor sport. Maybe this is the rainy season. In any case, they love their Lady Wahini VB.

I wonder if Nebraska would challenge Hawaii if they played all their matches in a bigger arena.

In any case, that was a great crowd for the UNI-WSU match, although the match itself did not live up to its billing. I'm beginning to think that the Lady Shocks simply don't believe they can handle the Lady Panthers. Either that or the matchups in style or approach simply don't work for the Shocks. But now I'm getting way above my pay grade.

Comment

I do believe this is the last season that Nebraska is playing in the Coliseum, and that they will be moving to the (much bigger) Devaney Center starting next season. So I guess we'll see if they can rival Hawaii.

sidenote: sometimes it bothers me a bit when someone always has to modify team names for womens teams (Lady Shocks, Lady Panthers, etc.), because it's like the person is implying that those teams are "TRUE" Shocks or "TRUE" Panthers, which is ridiculous. But then, it's not like being a Lady is a bad thing in and of itself. But I'm rambling.

Comment

Team Total Att. Home Matches Avg.
                              1 Hawaii 94,488 14 6,749
                              2 Nebraska 52,558 12 4,380
                              3 Penn St. 31,015 9 3,446
                              4 Minnesota 39,792 12 3,316
                              5 Wisconsin 31,484 10 3,148
                              6 Illinois 24,012 8 3,002
                              7 UNI 22,880 8 2,860
                              8 Wichita St. 25,261 9 2,807
                              9 Louisville 39,514 15 2,634
                              10 Purdue 31,238 12 2,603
                              11 Florida 31,146 12 2,596
                              12 Texas 30,885 13 2,376
                              13 Iowa St. 23,199 10 2,320
                              14 Colorado St. 28,642 13 2,203
                              15 Missouri 15,396 7 2,199
                              16 Washington 21,477 10 2,148
                              17 UMES 12,382 6 2,064
                              18 Oregon 14,049 7 2,007
                              19 Stanford 21,308 11 1,937
                              20 Kansas St. 22,372 12 1,864

Comment

Imagine if WSU could bring in 5000 fans to each of the next three matches. I don't think it will happen but I wonder if 5000 fans at a "2 for 1" price brings in more revenue than 2400 fans at full price. Does WSU get any of the concession money or does it all go to the volunteers who man the concession stands?

Comment

Working...
                                X