WSU Hosts Northern Iowa - Friday, Oct 26th - Buy 1, Get 1 Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Ashton (#5) seemed to come in as a designated server. She has some kind of funny knuckle serve that seems to be somewhat hard to handle. Is that a correct observation?

Also, is Sanders done for the year?
    I think that is a correct observation. I believe they refer to that type of serve as a "bomb" serve which is used by a good number of the girls. Actually, Mary Ashton (Mash) has not seen much action this year (appearances in 16 sets out of 101 played by the Shocks) so it was nice to see her enjoy some success also. Jackie Church also has a very effective bomb serve. Doesn't look like much but just a very slight movement at the right time can make a serve tough to handle.

It doesn't sound like Sam is done for the year, but we will have to see. Lambo said they haven't found anything structurally wrong with her shoulder (torn labrum, impingement or rotator cuff) and they think she may have had a swollen lymph node pinching a nerve. She seems to be getting a little better but again hard to predict at this point.

I don't know if you have seen Sam play but she is a very powerful hitter when healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Mary Ashton Floyd (Mash as she prefers) does have a good serve and might have redshirted if not for that strong serve. She's played sparingly but for the most part has been effective when inserted into the lineup.
      From the angle I had, you could see several of her serves moving all over the place well before they got to the receiver.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; November 10, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Also, nice to have the Pep band at the match.
        The band was from Goddard Eisenhower.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
          The band was from Goddard Eisenhower.
          Ok. Nice to have a pep band at the VB matches. Maybe they should do more of that with the local high schools.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
            From the angle I had, you could see several of her serves moving all over the place well before they got to the receiver.
            Maybe she should change her nickname from Mash to Hoyt.

Comment

Bluejays clinched the #1 seed (for the conference tourney).
              Panthers clinched the #2 seed.
              Shockers clinched the #3 seed.

4-6 still up for grabs (4 and 5 are pretty much interchangable, so it really just comes down to who ends up #6)
              SIU has a 1-match lead on the others, and plays @ILS and @INS.
              ILS hosts SIU and UE
              MSU hosts DU and CU

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                After last night (with 3825 fans watching WSU beat MSU), Shocker attendance stands at 29,086 fans attended 10 home matches for an average attendance of 2909.
                2725 fans watched CU@wsu:.
                2981 fans watched DU@wsu:.
                In 12 home matches, total attendance was 34792 and average attendance was 2899.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                  2725 fans watched [email]CU@wsu.
                  2981 fans watched [email]DU@wsu.
                  In 12 home matches, total attendance was 34792 and average attendance was 2899.
                  From what I can tell, we will likely finish 7th in attendance. Purdue could still potentially pass us. If they average 3,578 or more for their last two matches of the season they would tie or pass us. Other schools would need huge attendance to pass us.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

UNI ended their season with an attendance average of 3001.
                    and I calculated out the attendance of the other schools in the top 12 of the attendance average standings (through tonight's matches) and UNI stays at #6 with WSU at #7.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                      UNI ended their season with an attendance average of 3001.
                      and I calculated out the attendance of the other schools in the top 12 of the attendance average standings (through tonight's matches) and UNI stays at #6 with WSU at #7.
                      My opinion is that fans can't control the outcome of games but they can control the support that the teams receive. With strong attendance, one can hope that coaches can use this to advantage in recruiting.

I think it is great that two of the top ten teams in terms of average attendance are in the Valley.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                      X