WSU Hosts Northern Iowa - Friday, Oct 26th - Buy 1, Get 1 Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Update on Facebook said that 5,100 tickets had been sold to that point.
    Pretty awesome, 20 minutes ago they said they were at 5200 and need less than 1000 to break the record and I'm going to be getting 4 when I get there.

Comment

Absolutely LOVE what they've done on Facebook today with the marketing. That's 3 video updates from the girls today. Excellent job by the marketing department.

More please!

Go Shocks!

Comment

Wow, that's awesome. We haven't got our tickets yet either. Looks like we're gonna have to get up there a little earlier than originally thought.

I really hope this big crowd will push the ladies over the top and not do the opposite effect where UNI's ladies get pumped for a crowd so large they've never seen at a men's basketball game before.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Now we just need the students to show up in big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I really hope this big crowd will push the ladies over the top and not do the opposite effect where UNI's ladies get pumped for a crowd so large they've never seen at a men's basketball game before.
            Will be the biggest crowd UNI has played in front of this year. And the biggest road crowd they've played in front of for a while.
            But last season they played in front of a crowd of 6490 when they hosted Iowa State.

In other news, the radio station that normally carries UNI volleyball matches suffered a power outage this afternoon (and is currently off-air). Guess I might have to tune into shocker radio online

Comment

I agree that the marketing has been great this year. The quality of the pregame video is the best I've seen yet for volleyball. And then let's not forget the "Call Me Maybe" video shown at the 101 dinner. It appears that the team is having quite a bit of fun with technology this year. Love it!

Comment

UNI outplayed WSU. Great crowd and a lot of fun (except the outcome).
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                  Great crowd ...
                  5812, according to Mike on the post-game show.

Lambo said UNI just had too much firepower. They hit .362 (or something close to that), better than they hit in the previous meeting. He found that disappointing, since he thought we were better prepared.

Missouri State beat Bradley, 3-1. Creighton beat Evansville, 3-0. Southern Illinois beat Drake, 3-1.

Comment

UNI is in our heads. The pregame video was a bad idea. It fired up UNI and it served little but to remind EVERYONE that we can't beat UNI.

Not saying UNI isn't better. They are. But they aren't that much better, and not on our court.

Any reason we decided to throw Jordan Loney to the wolves tonight? Don't get me wrong, I love seeing her on the court, but our back up setter who has played about 10 points all year tossed in against the best team in the Valley?

I'll hang up and listen.

Thanks to all the fans that were there....I know Lambo was disappointed they didn't put on a better show for those 1st timers in attendance. Fantastic crowd, but nobody should hit north of .360 against us that isn't named Texas, Penn State or Nebraska.

Comment

Our attendance is now 2896. The list as of October 21 was

1 Hawaii 94,488 14 6,749
                      2 Nebraska 44,197 10 4,420
                      3 Penn St. 31,015 9 3,446
                      4 Wisconsin 26,091 8 3,261
                      5 Minnesota 31,913 10 3,191
                      6 Illinois 24,012 8 3,002
                      7 UNI 22,880 8 2,860
                      8 Florida 29,376 11 2,671
                      9 Louisville 39,514 15 2,634
                      10 Purdue 26,155 10 2,616
                      11 Wichita St. 17,362 7 2,480
                      12 Texas 28,461 12 2,372
                      13 Iowa St. 21,296 9 2,366
                      14 UMES 11,383 5 2,277
                      15 Colorado St. 28,642 13 2,203

If we get more than 2568 to the match tomorrow against Bradley, we will be ahead of UNI in the next weekly attendance report.

ADDED: We had 2087 at the Bradley match. This gives WSU 25,261 fans at 9 matches, for an average attendance of 2806. Since UNI was on the road, their attendance will not change.
                      Last edited by SpanglerFan316; October 27, 2012, 09:39 PM.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I really thought we were gonna pull that first set off. If that would have happened, things would have likely been different. As it stands, UNI was the better team and obviously played the better game. WSU just seemed out of sync and could never get an extended rally going, save for the near first-set comeback.

I totally agree with Doc about the pregame video. While it seems marketing and videos have been on the upswing this year, that video itself was not a good one. When it played, I mentioned to the Mrs. that may actually fire up UNI more than it will WSU. I like the "thinking outside the box" ideas, but that one was a bit much and really showed UNI's domination over WSU and the Valley lately.

Great crowd. It was nice to see the support there. Just a shame that there wasn't a chance for them to explode tonight.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Great crowd. Kudos to Shocker fans. Unfortunately, the Lady Shocks were simply out-classed tonight by a very solid, well coached UNI team.

As I have said before UNI will rarely beat themselves. In order to beat them, you have to play very clean volleyball and make them earn everything. The Shocks fell well short of their best effort in that regard tonight.

I have to admit I enjoy watching UNI play volleyball, especially the way they play defense. Seems like every player they put on the floor can dig the ball and they all seem to be perfectly positioned. On top of that they play very hard and are relentless. The Shocks simply were unable to match UNI.

Probably the poorest match I can remember from Emily Adney. However, I think credit for that belongs mostly to UNI.

A great opportunity for the Shocks goes by the board. Not much, if any, room for error now for the Lady Shocks if they want to go dancing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Not much, if any, room for error now for the Lady Shocks if they want to go dancing this year.
                            unfortunately, I don't know if ANY MVC teams can really feel comfortable with their at-large chances. If Creighton wins out (in the regular season), they'd probably be an at-large lock. But I'm hoping that doesn't happen (obviously). Outside of that scenario, I'm thinking that any of the top 3 teams (WSU, UNI, CU) that don't win the conference tourney will be nervous on selection sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                              unfortunately, I don't know if ANY MVC teams can really feel comfortable with their at-large chances. If Creighton wins out (in the regular season), they'd probably be an at-large lock. But I'm hoping that doesn't happen (obviously). Outside of that scenario, I'm thinking that any of the top 3 teams (WSU, UNI, CU) that don't win the conference tourney will be nervous on selection sunday.
                              Perhaps, but at this stage of the game the Lady Shockers would clearly be more nervous than UNI or CU in that circumstance. But the Shocks still have a lot of work to do to avoid make winning the MVC Tournament an absolute for them. ILS on the road and MSU and CU at home all present tough challenges for the Shocks.

Comment

Really good crowd
                                Great to have live music
                                High level of volleyball
                                UNI very impressive, well coached, better performance , big blocks, great digs, adjusted well to our big blocks - tipped us to a sweep, UNI passing quiskest we have seen this year which caused our defense to be sub-par
                                SHOX are top tier for the Valley just need to adust and execute to get where we want to be
                                GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X