Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Big Red Invitational (Nebraska)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    K Nelson is warming up out of her February funk again. A single and a walk last night. Single in her first AB today.
    Unfortunatley, Allison doesn't seem to have it in the circle today. Not 100% her fault. 3 Shocker errors in the 1st two innings.

It will be difficult beating any team, let alone a top 15 team if you don't keep the gifts to a minimum. In two innings the Shocks have 3 errors, 3 hit batters and a walk with 5 hits resulting in 7 runs. And Mizzou still batting with 2 outs in the bottom of the 2nd. Lauren Howell on to pitch in relief of Allison but the damage may have been done.

Good test for Lauren to show if she can be a #2. So far it has not gone well this year.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2024, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Lilly Whitten (1.17 and 1.50 in six innings) starts the third for the Tigers.

Bailey walks with one out but nothing else happens. With one out, Lauren hits a batter (why not?) in the Missouri half of the third. The next batter is safe on another throwing error by Sami and Siera replaces her. I can feel the heat coming off HCKB all the way down here. A single loads the bases and two more each score a run. The next single scores two runs. 11-2 after three.

Sophie walks with one out in the fourth, and CC singles with two outs but Addie's fly out ends the threat.

Double, single, wild pitch and the Tigers have another run - with no outs yet. The second run of the inning scores on a two-out single. 13-2 after four.

Taylor leads off the fifth with a homer, but three outs follow.

Shockers 3-13(5) Missouri

The players are fortunate that another game immediately follows. Else they may be in the outfield getting chewed on until dark.

CC had two hits, Taylor had a double and a homer, and Sophie had a homer. The Shocker errors and the Shocker hit batters tied at four.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; March 2, 2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Another HBP .. do we just not like this team? lol

Comment

Sami hurt? Couple throwing errors today and now she just got replaced?

Comment

We just need to get another inning and half behind us and then hopefully hit the reset button.

Comment

Find a way to split the next two and consider the weekend a draw. We are normally a very good defensive team so I’m calling this a one off.

Hopefully the Howell experiment is unfunded.

Comment

I think the question about Schertz redshirting seems to be valid, otherwise she would’ve pitched. However, if an injury occurs and one of the other pitchers continues to struggle that could change.

Comment

Yeah, realizing I don’t have a vote, and I completely understand it’s early…but with a nearly 12.0 ERA on the season, I would start looking for someone else to throw a softball other than Howell. Maybe it’s a mental thing…who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    I think the question about Schertz redshirting seems to be valid
                    My take from the KB Show is that Schertz is a project. Her funky pitching motion is holding her back. Why not take a redshirt year to try to simplify it?

Comment

Taylor Sedlacek with a homer to left leading of the 3rd. Good to see Taylor starting to hit. Nothing else after that. And Mizzou closes out the 13-3 run rule.

I have not seen Schertz pitch nor heard too much about her. But we need at least 2 of Cooper, Aguilar and Howell to step it up. Howell is off to a horrble start. Cooper has been off and on. Aguillar, after arguably being the ace of the staff last year, has only pitched 10 innings this year.

Both Cooper and Aguilar are finesse pitchers that have to nibble a lot and if their command is off they are very hittable.

Let's see how Alex does against Nebraska.

Was Hood injured or did HCKB sense the game was gone and wanted her out there before she took any more damage to her psyche.

Probably an interesing post-game chat from HCKB.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2024, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

My take from the KB Show is that Schertz is a project. Her funky pitching motion is holding her back. Why not take a redshirt year to try to simplify it?
                        Of course, Lauren Howell, IMHO, has a funky motion, or at least a funky finish to her pitching style as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Of course, Lauren Howell, IMHO, has a funky motion, or at least finish to her approach as well
                          I have not seen Schertz pitch, but my take on the comment was that her motion was much wilder than anything Lauren does - lots of moving parts. I always thought Lauren had a pretty normal motion, but It's been a year since I have seen her pitch. I need to find a Twitter post.
                          Last edited by flyingMoose; March 2, 2024, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

I have not seen Schertz pitch, but my take on the comment was that her motion was much wilder than anything Lauren does. I need to find a Twitter post. I always thought Lauren had a pretty normal motion, but It's been a year since I have seen her pitch.
                            I always felt like that Lauren had an odd finish on her pitch in which she almost stepped or fell backwards on her finish.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2024, 01:33 PM.

Comment

K. I will take a look if I can find some video.

Comment

I am off to the WBB game and then errands afterward. Fortuitous planning perhaps. But I will leave this.

Game Three

Shockers at Nebraska

Comment

Working...
                                X