Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Big Red Invitational (Nebraska)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have someone that is attached to Chloe's hip while they are there? Nebraska is all in on women's sports so someone is going to try to drop her a bag while they are there

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Do we have someone that is attached to Chloe's hip while they are there? Nebraska is all in on women's sports so someone is going to try to drop her a bag while they are there
      They have Jordyn Bahl. I think they’ll be okay.

Comment

This is fun. I don’t even want to think what the 2021 and 2022 teams could’ve accomplished with a pitcher like Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

They have Jordyn Bahl. I think they’ll be okay.
          You act like they are happy with one good pitcher lol. P5s want it all lol

Comment

Was that Nebraska runner on 2nd base with two outs trailing by 6 in the final inning really trying to steal 3rd on ball four to the batter? Hopefully, the post a video of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              A nice throw by Lainee but an even better snag and tag by Sami. BTW, good luck trying to bunt that rise ball (or high fast ball).

That’s ridiculous. What a play!

Comment

Nice win for the Shocks especially nice to see the bottom 5 in the order getting 8 of the Shocker 11 hits. Burbs had 2 of the other 3 hits. Seemed like there was quite a bit of "backsiding" the ball (as Coach Green calls it) and going the other way.

C-squared had her first hitless game of the season. Hopefully, she bounce back tomorrow.

Not sure Chloe was quite as sharp and certainly not as dominant as she was in Arkansas but she was plenty good. Lowered her ERA to 2.03 for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You act like they are happy with one good pitcher lol. P5s want it all lol
                  Hopefully, Chloe will show the same character and loyalty to the Shocker coaches and team as Syd the Kid did.

But with the money the big football schools and their well-heeled donors have and are willing to throw around it's a huge challenge.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2024, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Was that Nebraska runner on 2nd base with two outs trailing by 6 in the final inning really trying to steal 3rd on ball four to the batter? Hopefully, the post a video of that one.
                    In the "game" post Part Two, I speculated that the runner thought she could advance on a pitch in the dirt and could not get back to second. The scoring on the play was 2-5-4. Since the next batter after the walk did not have an official at-bat, any pitches for that batter do not appear in LiveStats. And you may be right - my supposed ball in the dirt may have been Ball Four.
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; March 1, 2024, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Of note,

Florida Atlantic 2-6 Arkansas

Comment

If we get another pitcher going and the bottom of the order keeps producing like tonight. Watch out.

Comment

That was a fun game to be at. A little shaky at first. Did I mention is was cold but fun. Go Shox!

Comment

The choice of starting pitcher for the Shocks against Missouri will be interesting. Alison, who has been the most effective of the Other Three? Lauren, who has been a major disappointment, but the coaching staff needs to learn soon if she is going to be a viable option this season? Alex, who has not been as effective in limited innings as she was last year? It will be interesting.
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; March 2, 2024, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Not sure this is the weekend to evaluate Howell further.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                                Of note,

Florida Atlantic 2-6 Arkansas
                                I expect a full rundown of the AAC so far before heading into conference play

Comment

Working...
                                X