Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocker SB at Big Red Invitational (Nebraska)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker SB at Big Red Invitational (Nebraska)

The Shockers have the last of their non-conference weekends at the Big Red Invitational in Lincoln. They play host Nebraska at 530 pm on Friday. Saturday games are against #14/13 Missouri at 11 am followed by Nebraska at 130 pm. The Sunday game against Missouri is at 11 am.

Nebraska have a record of 8-6. They are 1-4 against ranked teams and were ranked themselves at #18 in the preseason poll. Billie Andrews, the current BIG10 Player of the Week, has an OPS of 1.525 with six homers. Peyton Cody is at 1.241 with one other Husker above .900 and four others above .800. The primary pitchers by innings are Kaylin Kinney (ERA of 3.73 and WHIP of 1.32) and Sarah Harness (2.01 and 1.55).

Missouri have a record of 13-2 and are 2-1 against ranked teams. Of interest are wins over Clemson, Texas A&M Commerce (score of 1-0) and wins against AAC teams North Texas (2) and UCF. Leading hitters are Jenna Laird (1.108), Alex Honnold (1.088), and Katie Chester (1.000 and a team-leading three home runs). Almost three-fourths of the innings belong to Lauren Krings (1.64 and 0.96) and Cierra Harrison (0.23 and 0.63).

The Shockers are 7-3 with a 2-3 record against ranked teams. They are RV in both polls, T34 and T32. Hitting remains a three-woman band: CC (1.779 and five homers), Addie (1.186 and four homers) and Bailey (.916). Chloe (2.33 and 1.33) and Alison (4.01 and 1.35) have noticeably more innings than Alex and Lauren.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; February 29, 2024, 09:41 AM.

Wait a minute.....what happened to Jordy Bahl??!

EDIT

I didn't realize her injury was in Game 1. I could not figure out how she was just hurt (this last weekend) and only pitched in 1 game. Now it makes sense, kind of. Also seems odd she went from Jordy at OU to Jordyn at NU.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; February 29, 2024, 09:50 AM.

Comment

She tore her ACL in Mexico. I don't know how to post the link, but check out the Razorback Invitational thread.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

EDIT

I didn't realize her injury was in Game 1. I could not figure out how she was just hurt (this last weekend) and only pitched in 1 game. Now it makes sense, kind of. Also seems odd she went from Jordy at OU to Jordyn at NU.
        I started to try to say something about this, but I thought it already been discussed and I did not want to take the time to verify where I learned about it. :)

Just landed wrong on her plant leg as I understand it.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; February 29, 2024, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
          She tore her ACL in Mexico ... the link
          Try this.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Also seems odd she went from Jordy at OU to Jordyn at NU.
            Surely, part of the "separation" - part of a new identity. Maybe not. I think she originally committed to Nebraska back in the day and then changed. But I may be dreaming that up. Another "I don't care to research it." :)
            Last edited by flyingMoose; February 29, 2024, 09:12 PM.

Comment

A split this weekend would be highly acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                A split this weekend would be highly acceptable.
                I expect to see Chloe on Friday and Sunday as conference-weekend prep. BWDIK.

Comment

On another thread, I noted that Iowa had moved the canceled game with the Shockers to a later date even though that rescheduled game was not on the Shocker schedule. The rescheduled game is now no longer on the Iowa schedule.
                  Last edited by flyingMoose; March 1, 2024, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Baseball Game One

Utah Tech at Shockers

Since 1972Shocker appears to way out in left field (see below), let's drop the start of the softball game remarks further down.
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; March 1, 2024, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Oops!
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2024, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        About 20 folks enjoying the view from the new right field deck in the 2nd inning.
                        Baseball, eh?

Comment

Oops!

Comment

Oops!

Comment

Oops!
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2024, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X