20/23 Shocker SB v Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great game for the Shockers.

Does the TV guy work for WSU? He gets a lot wrong.

Comment

Hard to believe they pulled that one out. Let’s hope Houston has a hard time recovering from that, because Wilkey sure did have our number for a good portion of the game.

Comment

Am I the only one that ESPN decided didn't need to see the end?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Am I the only one that ESPN decided didn't need to see the end?
          Mine didn't cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post

I've noticed that a lot too. Always confusing whether what he said is true or what is shown on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              What a game. I think half of Cooper’s pitches are missing by a few feet but somehow she keeps surviving.
              One of her pitches missed by 40 feet. It came straight down out her hand and hit the ground right next to plant leg.

But as you said she did just enough and Alex did just enough and the offense did just enough, barely, to some how pull out a win. Not sure they deserved to win this game but maybe its a sign of a good team to be able win a game like this when they weren't at their best.

I was not expecting this to an easy series for the Shock. Playing lowley Memphis last weekend and than no mid-week game wa s probably not the best prepaaration for this series.

Despite throwing a ton of pitches tonight I am sure the Shockd will see Wilkey again on Sunday. Despite scoring 8 runs on her tonight I didn't think the Shockers game plan at the plate was great. But a lot of that i Wilkey is pretty solid pitcher. I take on on the Shockers staff in a heart beat.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 14, 2023, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post

Yes he works for WSU. His name is Steve Strain. He calls the Shocker WBB games and the softball games and occasionally fills in for volleyball and baseball.

Yes, he gets a lot wrong. In his defense calling a game in the ground floor press box (and box is a perfect description) has to be challenging. Not sure if he is calling the game based on what he is trying to see from his vantage point of from the ESPN+ video stream. I have alway thought of him as just okay. He is every bit the homer that MIke Kenneedy is but I think that kind of goes with the job description.

Not sure if he is an employee or an independent contractor.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 14, 2023, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

The pitching rotation chosen by HCKB is interesting. Alex getting the start is understandable since she is the best of the three lately. Alison in relief means that Lo get the start Saturday and Alex/Alison on Sunday. Lo never starts against Wilkey. It also means that Lo is ready to pitch Wednesday against Okie State. The best chance for another win, increasing the hosting chances?

Again, interesting pitching rotation.

Yes, enough softball IQ and you let the foul fly drop. From the Twitter clip, there was not even a throw (or one very late).
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; April 15, 2023, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Catching the foul fly ball was a situational awareness blunder for sure. I’m thinking the second it hit the glove she realized it was game over with Syd on 3rd, no way to gun those wheels. We made 4-5 terrible base running blunders and after a couple of them the girls looked flustered like they didn’t even know what happened. Hopefully HCKB got in a good Seargent Hulka session in the huddle-up after the game. They were very lucky to have a chance to win, hopefully they’re awake and dialed in for the rest of the weekend and into OSU.

Steve Strain does get a lot wrong. I have fam in the box and he said the SID stood behind Steve most of the game constantly correcting him. Not good to be so mistake prone on an ESPN feed. I don’t care for his radio calls either, irritating to listen to.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Beautiful day for softball.

Comment

Game Two

Lineups: Lauren in the circle for the Shockers and Saleen Flores for the Coogs. Flores, she of 11.1 IP, ERA of 8.03, WHIP of 3.18.

Barring injuries on the Houston staff, this appears to be, "We will give you this one, but we will all hands on deck tomorrow." Maybe not even a start by Wilkey?

Comment

Feels like a small strike zone to start.

Comment

Beautiful throw by Addie there.

Comment

Working...
                                X