Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Too long of leash for pitchers this weekend
    Perhaps, but Alex and Alison weren't much better with their control yesterday. I am a little concerned by what I am seeing from Shocker pitching so far this weekend.

Comment

Another three up, three down for the Shocks. 4-3 Houston after four complete.

Alex is on in the top of the fifth. She gets three in a row.

Mattie Boyd has an 0-3 record this year.

Addie is on with a one-out single. Bailey follows with a single, and Sami walks to load the bases with two outs. Camryn fouls out to end the threat. Houston 4-3 after five.

Another three outs for Alex in the sixth, including a K.

Is Wilkey warming up?

Taylor works a lead-off walk, and Hannah Blincoe is in the circle for the Coogs. Strikeout, force out. A single by Syd and a walk to Addie load the bases. Bailey singles, her second hit since entering the game, to drive home two and give the Shockers the lead. More two-out magic. Shockers 5-4 after six.
      Last edited by flyingMoose; April 15, 2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Lainees at bat felt a bit wasted there.

Comment

Urban coming in clutch filling in for LuLu

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Urban coming in clutch filling in for LuLu
            So happy for Bailey who has struggled a bit coming back from last year's season ending knee surgery.

Comment

Can we get one more good inning out of Alex. 9-1-2 due up for Houston.

Comment

Leadoff single for Houston in the seventh. An error and a passed ball put runners at second and third. HCKB issues an intentional walk to load them up with no outs. A popup into short left-center and Syd doubles the runner off second after an over-the-shoulder catch. A fly out to right and the Shocker squeak out another win.

Houston 4-5 Shockers

A frightful top of the seventh, but Alex holds on to get the win. She pitched three innings, allowing one hit and one walk with two strikeouts.

Bailey, Sydney, and Addison each had two hits with Bailey getting the game-winning two RBI single.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; April 15, 2023, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Houston paying us back with a little bit of base running brain fart of their own.

Comment

Wasn’t pretty but they found a way!

Comment

• Just like they drew it up, right?

Shocks could so easily be 0-2 in this series and certainly have not looked like a team that should be hosting a regional. But at least they still have an outside shot at that but they need to get better pitching and they need to get some players well and that includes Zoe, Lauren (despite the good job by Bailey today) and Lolo (not injured but is not well going 1 for her last 12 official at bats and that 1 hit was a single).

However, you have to give the Shocks credit in that they still have managed to somehow pull these last 2 games out the fire without getting burned, although they no doubt have been singed a bit, despite not playing or pitching particularly well. Thank goodness for the two outfield gun-downs at the plate by Addie in the 1st two innings today.

Hopefully, they will look better tomorrow but they will also no doubt be facing Wilkey again.

Comment

• Not really unusual for a team not named OU to go through a mild slump once or twice during the year. Houston deserves credit for disrupting our hitters and taking advantage of our mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Not really unusual for a team not named OU to go through a mild slump once or twice during the year. Houston deserves credit for disrupting our hitters and taking advantage of our mistakes.
                          That is true. However, if the Shockers want to reach their goal of hosting a regional they perhaps don't have that luxury that perhaps other teams have had including previous Shocker teams. I think this is the first time in school history that the Shockers have been in this position. So while a mild slump (or 2) is not unusual contending for hosting a regional certainly is.

Comment

• Also Zoe out and why did Lauren leave the game today? I realize next man up, but those are 2 big pieces.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Also Zoe out and why did Lauren leave the game today? I realize next man up, but those are 2 big pieces.
                              Both factors mentioned above. Laruen moved from center to left with Addie going from left to center to open the 4th inning in yesterday's game which was curious since Lauren in center and Addie in left had been pretty much a set in stone previously this year. With Lauren starting in left today, but only playing 2 innings today b before being replaced by Burbs, one would assume it is due to an unknown malady of some sort, although perhaps not too serious. At least it is unknown to me. Zoe appears to have a left lower arm or wrist injury as she is in some kind of a cast at this point. As far as our key hitters still available LoLo is struggling the most right now.

The pitching hasn't been very good so far in this series but will see what happens tomorrow. Alex has been the best of the bunch so far and could start, but would not surprise me to see them run Lauren back out there as she has only thrown 4 innings so far in this series. Alex and Alison have both thrown 7. I don't think who they want to start against OSU on Tuesday is of any relevance. If the Shocks want a chance to host a regional they probably can't afford a loss to Houston while a loss to OSU would not necessarily hurt those chance much, if any. I think it will be all hands on deck tomorrow.

Comment

• Regarding Lauren, I went back and looked at the replay of Friday's game. I had noticed this live but had not gone back to look at it closer, but the 2nd batter of the game hit a wind blown fly ball to the wall in left center. Lauren make a good effort but good not quite bet their as she hit the wall with Addie retrieving the ball off the wall. But it looked like Lauren reached down to her right foot as if she had done something to it. If you focus on her right foot you can see that it does look like she jammed her toes into the base of the wall below the padding. So she may have a bruised, jammed or even possibly a broken toe or foot bone. That is, of course, unconfirmed but there does seem to be some visual evidence to support that theory.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 15, 2023, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X