20/23 Shocker SB v Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

As far as our key hitters still available LoLo is struggling the most right now.
    Not only struggling the most (a relatiive term) but struggling a lot (in absolute terms - 1 for 12 including two games against Memphis).

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I don't think who they want to start against OSU on Tuesday is of any relevance. If the Shocks want a chance to host a regional they probably can't afford a loss to Houston while a loss to OSU would not necessarily hurt those chance much, if any. I think it will be all hands on deck tomorrow.
    They can run the conference table through the AAC Tournament, but if there is not a win over OSU or OU in one of those two games, the chances of hosting are nil in my view. The Shockers not only need "not-hurts" results, they need "helps" results. Hence, my previous speculation about an attempt to maximize the chances against OSU next week. So, yeah, I think it is relevant, assuming there is a strong choice among the three. So far this weekend, it is not clear that there is. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
      Not only struggling the most (a relatiive term) but struggling a lot (in absolute terms - 1 for 12 including two games against Memphis).

They can run the conference table through the AAC Tournament, but if there is not a win over OSU or OU in one of those two games, the chances of hosting are nil in my view. The Shockers not only need "not-hurts" results, they need "helps" results. Hence, my previous speculation about an attempt to maximize the chances against OSU next week. So, yeah, I think it is relevant, assuming there is a strong choice among the three. So far this weekend, it is not clear that there is. :(
      I probaby didn't word my statement very well. Obviously, the OSU game isquite relevant and a win would be a huge boost to the Shocks chances of hositng. However, I think it is more important not stumble in our remaining non-OSU/OU games and perhaps a more doable challenge than upsetting OSU on the road and OU anywhere. A loss to anyone but OSU and OU just gives the selection committe another excuse to passover the Shock. Losses to OSU and OU not so much unless we get totally obliterated.

In any case, even if our best pictcher went 7 innings today they would be available to go Tuesday. In fact, a good confidence building outing today would probaby be a plus for a pitcher heading into game with OSU.

I sure the Shocks will see Wilkey today after she pitched 10 innings on Friday. We nee to go with the best we have and in making that decision the OSU game should not be factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

We need to go with the best we have and in making that decision the OSU game should not be factor.
        I second that motion.

Comment

• Game Three

Alison and Wilkey are in the circle. Lauren is in LF and Camryn is at 1B.

And now I am done for the duration.

Comment

• Good to see Lauren Lucas back in the lineup.

Lolo has been up twice in the first 3 innings. Both times with runners on 1st and 2nd and 1 out. She delivered a can of corn to center in the 1st and struck out swinging in the 3rd. Lolo is now 1 of her last 14. They are pitching Lolo away and she is not adjusting. On the strikeout she put a pull swing on a pitch on the outside corner.

Houston leads 1-0 after 3 on the strength of a wind-aided solo home to right that just did clear the fence by their lead off hitter, Bree Cantu.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 16, 2023, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Stupid wind

Comment

• Game feels like the Missouri State game. Can't quite string together enough hits and had multiple hits that likely would have been gone without a strong wind blowing in.

Comment

• Heading to the bottom of the 5th with Houston still leading 1-0. Shocks had Syd leading off. So this might be their best shot at getting something going.

Both pitchers have been very good today with Wilkey and as Stickboy46 pointed out the wind has been a factor in the game.

Shocks go down in order. Ouch!

Comment

• Not our day when Sydney loses one in the sun.

Comment

• Definitely in a bit of a slump which started the last 1.5 games of the Memphis series. I say mini only because we have managed to win those games. Not looking particularly good today, but still six outs left.

Comment

• Houston picks up an insurance run an a bases loaded sac fly. Key play in the inning was a pop up that Syd lost in the sun.

Comment

• 3 up 3 down again. Down to 3 outs left with 7/8/9 up

Comment

• Houston threatening again in the 7th after a double, swinging bunt single on which Alison made a nice play and a sac bunt put runers on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Alex comes on relief of Alison. A sac fly to right that Taylor made a nice running catch on plates Houston's 3rd run of the game. That's followed by a 2put single to center to make it 4-0.

With the way Wilkey is dealing and the bottom of the Shocks order due up in the 7th the Shocks are in a deep hole.

Comment

• Definitely not hosting
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Definitely not hosting
                                Maybe it will let the team loosen up a bit. I'm sure the weight of needing to be nearly perfect wasn't fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X