2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No doubt. 16-1. Ouch. Sure doesn't help the Longhorn's confidence.
    I don't think playing OU, minus a couple of flule games, would help much in the confidence department

Comment

• OU cruises to it's 2nd consecutive national championship with 10-5 win over Texas.

ARE THE 2022 OKLAHOMA SOONERS THE BEST SOFTBALL TEAM EVER?

With Oklahoma softball going back-to-back, Jordan Shusterman looks at how the Sooners built a dynasty — and whether it can continue.

Certainly have to be considered one of the best and it doesn't sound like they are going anywhere.

Comment

• Those Arizona teams with Jenny Finch pitching were pretty salty. That was when I first started watching women’s softball. I have been a fan since.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Did anyone see the end of the game last night? It looked like the UT head coach was restraining a UT representative (perhaps an assistant coach) as OU was celebrating the title.

They should it on TV for a few seconds (there was NO reason to show it except someone in the truck saying "roll camera 5 there's something going on there!") but never commented on anything, best as I could tell.

I realize ESPN (or basically anyone these days) isn't about to give coverage to anything negative regarding women's sports but they showed it, and it would be nice to at least explain it, whatever it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Did anyone see the end of the game last night? It looked like the UT head coach was restraining a UT representative (perhaps an assistant coach) as OU was celebrating the title.

They should it on TV for a few seconds (there was NO reason to show it except someone in the truck saying "roll camera 5 there's something going on there!") but never commented on anything, best as I could tell.

I realize ESPN (or basically anyone these days) isn't about to give coverage to anything negative regarding women's sports but they showed it, and it would be nice to at least explain it, whatever it was.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• After the home run (I think) but before the end of the game, you could see the plate umpire give a "palm STOP" toward the Longhorn dugout. I suspect the assistant coach was giving the plate umpire some grief about the home run ball then. And when a game ball (most likely not the actual home run ball) is "disrespectfully" rolled toward the coaches - yeah, I bet the assistant coach went off on him.

The umpires are not total goofs - they are surely aware of the tradition. One of the four could have figured it out and awarded the ball immediately. But who knows? In this aspect of the WCWS, maybe they are total goofs.
              Last edited by flyingMoose; June 10, 2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                Those Arizona teams with Jenny Finch pitching were pretty salty. That was when I first started watching women’s softball. I have been a fan since.
                Yeah, Jenny Finch was something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yeah, Jenny Finch was something else.
                  It goes back to Michelle Granger and Lisa Fernandez for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post

It goes back to Michelle Granger and Lisa Fernandez for me.
                    Definitely among the best.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                      X