• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Did I say that it did?

Oddly combative first post
    It was a bit of an odd first post.

I could be wrong but I took your bolding reply (to my post) as agreeing with my point that mixing in a little more of a speed and small ball game would be good and not a criticism of Sydney. In other words, give us 2 or 3 more Sydney's.

Did I misinterpret?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It was a bit of an odd first post.

I could be wrong but I took your bolding reply (to my post) as agreeing with my point that mixing in a little more of a speed and small ball game would be good and not a criticism of Sydney. In other words, give us 2 or 3 more Sydney's.

Did I misinterpret?
      It was an extreme compliment to Sydney that she's able to create so many different ways. Her speed and skill combo is elite. Things that most would be out on, she turns into hits.

So yea, we are in agreement. Definitely not a knock on Sydney. She's extremely talented and fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocked41 View Post

Not combative. Just wondering why the need to point that out.
        I pointed it out because it's something the vast majority of players can't do. It's one of her many skillsets.

Comment

• #7 Oklahoma State punches their ticket to the WCWS with 2-0 and 5-1 wins over #10 Clemson.

#1 OU joins it's in state rival in the WCWS with 8-0 and 7-1 wins over #16 UCF.

Unseeded Oregon State advances with 3-1 and 2-0 wins over unseeded Stanford.

Unseeded Texas knocked if #4 seed Arkansas losing the first game of the SR 1-7 but coming back to win 3-1 and 3-0 in Games 2 and 3.

Unseeded Arizona advances with 3-2 and 7-1 wins over unseeded Mississippi State.

#5 UCLA heads to its 31st WCWS with 3-2 and 8-2 (UCLA only lead 3-2 after 6 innings) wins over #12 Duke.

Shaping up as a Big 12 - PAC 12 challenge.

#9 Northestern won its first game over #8 Arizona State yesterday with a 4-3, 11-inning win. They are playing late Saturday night. Arizona State won 7-4 to force a deciding game 3 on Sunday.

#3 Virginia Tech and #14 Florida split their first 2 games with VT winingin the first game 6-0 and Floriday winning the 2nd game 7-2. They play the deciding game on Sunday.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 29, 2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Epic 21-pitch at-bat in the softball super regionals, with 15 foul balls

Texas pitcher Hailey Dolcini and Arkansas hitter Hannah Gammill batted for 21 pitches and with 15 foul balls on one at-bat on Friday in the super regionals.

Comment

• Imagine if Virginia Tech takes care of business tomorrow and NO SEC teams make it in!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocked41 View Post
                Imagine if Virginia Tech takes care of business tomorrow and NO SEC teams make it in!
                Didn't happen. Not even close. #14 Florida blasts #3 Virginia Tech 12-0 in a 5-inning run rule. While 1 SEC team did makce it, no ACC teams made it to the WCWS.

#8 Arizona State vs #9 Northwestern play at 8:30 CT tonight for the last spot in the WCWS.

Update: Northwestern, after trailint 5-0 after 3 innings, came back for a 8-6 win over Arizona State.

What we do know is that only 5 of the 16 national seeds will make it to the WCWS. #1, #5, #7, #9 and #14. I think that is actually a positive for the sport.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 29, 2022, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• SEC continues to show it’s the most overrated conference in everything.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WCWS (in bracket order and game order)

#5 UCLA v Texas

#1 Oklahoma v #9 Northwestern

#14 Florida v Oregon State

#7 Oklahoma State v Arizona

Edit: All games are on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC. The first game is 11 am CT Thursday.
                    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 31, 2022, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Here’s hoping for an OU-OSU final but won’t be too mad if Tim Walton finds his way to the championship series either.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Can someone explain to me the WCWS bracket? It seems jacked up to me. In Omaha, it’s 2 4-team double-elimination brackets with winners meeting in Best of 3 final. Simple.

In OKC, the loser of the winner’s bracket second round gets bumped to the other bracket. OU beat Texas in that game…but then Texas getting through the loser’s bracket would give the Longhorns a rematch bout with OU in the Championship Series.
                          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Can someone explain to me the WCWS bracket? It seems jacked up to me. In Omaha, it’s 2 4-team double-elimination brackets with winners meeting in Best of 3 final. Simple.

In OKC, the loser of the winner’s bracket second round gets bumped to the other bracket. OU beat Texas in that game…but then Texas getting through the loser’s bracket would give the Longhorns a rematch bout with OU in the Championship Series.
                            I haven't looked at the actual brackets, but it sounds like it's setup like nearly every softball tournament I've ever attended for niece's.

Everyone is in the bracket, then there's a lovers bracket that you fall to if you lose. Double elimination tournament and the two best teams, in theory, play for the title.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I haven't looked at the actual brackets, but it sounds like it's setup like nearly every softball tournament I've ever attended for niece's.

Everyone is in the bracket, then there's a lovers bracket that you fall to if you lose. Double elimination tournament and the two best teams, in theory, play for the title.
                              I’d understand that if it was a true double elimination bracket. You swap teams around so that different matchups can happen.

But with the Championship Series, it seems weird to me. OU and Texas could split 4 games in OKC, and Texas would get the title in that outcome.
                              78-65

Comment

• Of course it doesn't make sense. You're forgetting if you wear a pride flag anywhere on your uniform, wrist, tat or dugout, you get one freebie. Now it should make sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X