2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

The Selection Show is Sunday evening at 6 pm on ESPN2. I, however, will be occupied with a HS graduation.
    Last edited by flyingMoose; May 14, 2022, 11:45 AM.

RPIs after the Friday games-

38 - USF
    39 - Shockers

Comment

Some bracketologists are sending the Shockers to Arkansas. After their romp through the SEC this season, the Razorbacks have to be one of the few teams likely to win the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
        Some bracketologists are sending the Shockers to Arkansas. After their romp through the SEC this season, the Razorbacks have to be one of the few teams likely to win the whole thing.
        Still better than Norman.

Comment

Lost a 7-4 game to Arkansas earlier this season. 3 of the 7 runs were due to free passes before HRs. We can play with them (although in fairness we didn't see one of their aces until late and she shut our girls down).

Comment

RPIs after the Friday games-

38 - USF
            39 - Shockers
            No RPI updates as of noon ET Sunday.

Comment

Just like basketball, a sub .500 record in conference play should severely weigh against you.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                (although in fairness we didn't see one of their aces until late and she shut our girls down).
                Yes. Haff came in - nine up, nine down, six by K. Haff and Delce will get the vast majority of the Razorback innings in the tournament.

First, I hope the Shockers get in. (One of the Last Four?) Then I would not mind going to Missouri for a Regional, although both of the bracket projections I looked at still had the Shockers going to Fayetteville.
                Last edited by flyingMoose; May 15, 2022, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Yes. Haff came in - nine up, nine down, six by K. Haff and Delce will get the vast majority of the Razorback innings in the tournament.

First, I hope the Shockers get in. Then I would not mind going to Missouri for a Regional.
                  If that happens I will put an avatar up for a month of your choosing, Moose.

Comment

If we get in, we’re not going to Norman.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

In. Fayetteville region playing Oregon first.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                        In. Fayetteville region playing Oregon first.
                        Better than I had hoped for. Still a long, long shot but we played well down there a couple of years ago.

Comment

Once Moose graduates and 72 is finished commenting on track, I’m sure they will breakdown the regional for us.

Comment

National Seeds

1 - Oklahoma
                            2 - Florida State
                            3 - Virginia Tech
                            4 - Arkansas
                            5 - UCLA
                            6 - Alabama
                            7 - Oklahoma State
                            8 - Arizona State
                            9 - Northwestern
                            10 - Clemson
                            11 - Tennessee
                            12 - Duke
                            13 - Washington
                            14 - Florida
                            15 - Missouri
                            16 - UCF

UCF beat out Texas for the last National Seed.
                            Last edited by flyingMoose; May 15, 2022, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Fayetteville Regional

4 Arkansas v Princeton - 5 pm on Friday

Shockers v Oregon - 730 pm

Princeton are the AQ from the Ivy League. Their 17-4 conference record tied with Harvard, but they won a best-two-of-three playoff with a Loss, Win, and Win. The Strength of Schedule varies widely for the teams in this Regional. According to D1Softball, the Tigers have an SOS of 229 and an RPI of 110. Their two players with an OPS above .900 are Adrienne Chang (.976) and Lauren Sablone (.905). Most of the innings belong to Alexis Laudenslager (ERA of 1.93 and WHIP of 1.17) and Ali Blanchard (2.65 and 1.23). Molly Chambers could see some time in the circle also.

Arkansas are the AQ from the SEC. The Razorbacks won both the conference regular season (19-5) and the conference tournament with three wins. Their SOS is 5 with an RPI of 4. The five players with an OPS greater than 1.000 are Linnie Malkin (1.396 and twenty homers), Hannah Gammill (1.352 and eighteen homers), Danielle Gibson (1.340 and eighteen homers), KB Sides (1.232 and twelve homers), and Taylor Elsworth (1.172 and fourteen homers). The pitching staff is led by Chenise Delce (2.19 and 1.07) and Mary Haff (2.79 and 1.06). Mary Bloom may also see a few innings.

Oregon of the Pac-12 received an at-large bid and are the #2 seed in the Regional. Their conference record was 10-14, good for fifth among the nine teams in the conference playing softball. Their SOS is 2 with an RPI of 17. The Ducks hitting is led by Allee Bunker (.990 and ten homers), Vallery Wong (.981 and ten homers), Hanna Delgado (.974), and Ariel Carlson (.968 and thirteen homers). Stevie Hansen (.310 and 1.07) and Makenna Kliethermes (3.79 and 1.28) have most of the innings with Jordan Dail (3.91 and 1.24) also in the mix.

The Shocker SOS is 56 with an RPI of 36. Shocks hitting: Addison (1.541 and 32 homers), Sydney (1.415 and thirteen homers), Neleigh (1.228 and thirteen homers), and Lauren (1.176 and ten homers) with Lolo, Zoe, and Jessica also above 1.000. Pitching is Erin (4.01 and 1.49), Caitlin (4.27 and 1.62), and Alison (3.36 and 1.61).

Last edited by flyingMoose; May 15, 2022, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X