No announcement yet.

2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a side note congrats to Butler Community College for their like 50th trip to the NJCAA World Series under Doug Chance. They are seeded sixth which is a little low for them.

Doug is a shoo in for the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame when he retires. All done very quietly 25 miles from Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      On a side note congrats to Butler Community College for their like 50th trip to the NJCAA World Series under Doug Chance. They are seeded sixth which is a little low for them.

Doug is a shoo in for the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame when he retires. All done very quietly 25 miles from Wichita.
      For whatever reason HCKB has shied away from recruiting Jucos. I don't now if that is good, bad or indifferent but I don't recall her ever signing a Juco player.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

For whatever reason HCKB has shied away from recruiting Jucos. I don't now if that is good, bad or indifferent but I don't recall her ever signing a Juco player.
        I don’t think so either. Between transfers and freshman recruits I would say she is doing fine.

Comment

Did anyone know there is a softball version of the NIT that includes KU, horrendous record and all?
          Last edited by shoxlax; May 22, 2022, 08:53 PM.

Comment

UCF wins their regional. Good for them.

Comment

USF won their first game over MIssissippi State with Corrick, lost the second game with not-Corrick, and lost their third game when Corrick only pitched the first inning. Injury? She did retire all three batters in the single inning with two Ks. After losing the first game, Mississippi State won their next four games to advance from the Tallahassee Regional where #2 National Seed Florida State was the host school.

Comment

Super Regionals

#16 UCF at #1 Oklahoma
                #9 Northwestern at #8 Arizona State

#12 Duke at #5 UCLA
                Texas at #4 Arkansas

#14 Florida at #3 Virginia Tech
                Oregon State at Stanford

#10 Clemson at #7 Oklahoma State - Clemson only started their program three years ago I believe.
                Arizona at Mississippi State

National Seeds not making it to the Supers were Florida State (2), Alabama (6), Tennessee (11), Washington (13), and Missouri (15).

NOTE: If Washington, trailing 3-0 in the bottom of the seventh to Texas, comes back to win. I will edit the above.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                  USF won their first game over MIssissippi State with Corrick, lost the second game with not-Corrick, and lost their third game when Corrick only pitched the first inning. Injury? She did retire all three batters in the single inning with two Ks. After losing the first game, Mississippi State won their next four games to advance from the Tallahassee Regional where #2 National Seed Florida State was the host school.
                  I believe Corrick was suffering from back spasms. Caught some highlights while watching another game and they mentioned it.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Texas hung on for a 3-2 win over Washington. Washington scored 2 unearned runs in the bottom of the 7th making the solo home run Texas hit in the top of the 7th a game winner.

Super-Regional Representation by Conference:

5 - PAC 12 - #5 UCLA, #8 Arizona State, Arizona, Oregon State, Stanford
                    3 - Big 12 - #1 Oklahoma, #7 Oklahoma State, Texas
                    3 - SEC - #4 Arkansas, #14 Florida, Mississippi State
                    3 - ACC - #3 Virginai Tech, #10 Clemson, #12 Duke
                    1 - Big 10 - #9 Northwestern
                    1 - AAC - #16 Central Florida

Oregon and Stanford are the only conference mates facing off in a super regional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I believe Corrick was suffering from back spasms. Caught some highlights while watching another game and they mentioned it.
                      I hate to see Corrick go out in this fashion. Here is a report that confirms she was suffering from back spasms and it probably explains why she did not start against Florida State and why she may not have been at the top of her game when she beat the Shockers in the AAC Tournament (at least I didn't think she looked her best):

On Saturday, head coach Ken Eriksen pitched someone else in the winner’s bracket game against Florida State, drawing much bewilderment. Corrick was on the bench for the entire game, an FSU blowout win. Later Saturday night, in an elimination game against Mississippi State, Corrick started the game in the circle but had to be subbed out after warming up in the second inning.

When Eriksen was interviewed by the ESPN broadcast mid-game, the pieces began to fall into place.
                      “It wasn’t [my decision to make],” Eriksen said of Corrick leaving the ballgame, her final game. “She’s hurting. She’s had some back issues, spasms, for the last three weeks. If it wasn’t for her, we wouldn’t be here right now… after the first inning, it tightened up so bad.”

After mentioning the reasons for Corrick’s departure, though, it was what the usually-stoic USF coach said next that showed how much Corrick has meant to the Bulls’ program and to the game of softball as a whole:
                      She’s a great human being that plays softball,” Eriksen said, almost choking up as he did. “She goes down in the annals as one of the great pitchers in college softball.”

Corrick’s decision to exit the game when the pain became too much also begs the question how much pain she has played under at other times over those same last few weeks. On Friday, she reached the 1,300-strikeout plateau for her career as a Bull.
                      https://extrainningsoftball.com/ken-...ll-time-great/

You know Corrick could have easily transferred to a power program with national championship aspirations but she was loyal to the end to USF. You have to admire that this day and age.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 23, 2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Super Regionals

#16 UCF at #1 Oklahoma
                        #9 Northwestern at #8 Arizona State

#12 Duke at #5 UCLA
                        Texas at #4 Arkansas

#14 Florida at #3 Virginia Tech
                        Oregon State at Stanford

#10 Clemson at #7 Oklahoma State - Clemson only started their program three years ago I believe.
                        Arizona at Mississippi State

National Seeds not making it to the Supers were Florida State (2), Alabama (6), Tennessee (11), Washington (13), and Missouri (15).

Comment

• During the AAC tournament they'd mentioned on the broadcast that it appeared that she was dealing with something physical, but it sounded like it was her arm/hand. Though with the way the back works, it could have been stemming from something back there, or her compensating for something else aggravated the back. Either way, it's sad to hear.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• "On the bolded parts .... if i remember right .. at least half of her hits this weekend were beating out infield hits ..."

If I remember right she got on base all those times which is what's important right? Does it matter where it goes?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocked41 View Post
                              "On the bolded parts .... if i remember right .. at least half of her hits this weekend were beating out infield hits ..."

If I remember right she got on base all those times which is what's important right? Does it matter where it goes?
                              Did I say that it did?

Oddly combative first post

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Did I say that it did?

Oddly combative first post
                                Not combative. Just wondering why the need to point that out.

Comment

Working...
                                X