2022 NCAA Softball Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I’d understand that if it was a true double elimination bracket. You swap teams around so that different matchups can happen.

But with the Championship Series, it seems weird to me. OU and Texas could split 4 games in OKC, and Texas would get the title in that outcome.
    Ok. I need to see the bracket as what I'm reading doesn't make much sense to me. Plus I'm pretty visual. I'll take a peak later.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Ok. I need to see the bracket as what I'm reading doesn't make much sense to me. Plus I'm pretty visual. I'll take a peak later.
      I attached picture of this year’s WCWS bracket.

Compare to last year’s CWS Omaha bracket
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      78-65

Comment

• They just flip the second round loser to the losers side of the other bracket. I can see why they might do this, less chance or repeat matchups. It isnt too crazy though. I have never seen a tournament done like that, bit it is workable.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

• The AVP has been doing this in beach volleyball for awhile, but I think they might flip all the way through. In theory it increases the chances the best teams make the final and lessens repeat matchups as previously mentioned.

Comment

• It looks like all UCLA did was piss OU off.

Comment

• OU's Jocelyn Alo cranked out 2 home runs giving her 34 on the year, on more than Addison Barnard. However, I am sure Addison still leads in home runs per game.

Comment

• I’m convinced I would have a good chance to win a national title if I were coaching the OU softball team.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  OU's Jocelyn Alo cranked out 2 home runs giving her 34 on the year, on more than Addison Barnard. However, I am sure Addison still leads in home runs per game.
                  Actually think Alo is sitting at 32 after those 2 home runs today. Most likely will still pass Addie in the finals though.

But yea OU has currently played 60 games whereas Addie hit her 33 in 52. Obviously level of competition difference but both accomplishments are still ridiculously impressive.

Comment

• In the Semis-

UCLA 7-3 Oklahoma

Oklahoma 15-0(5) UCLA

Oklahoma State 0-5 Texas

Texas 6-5 Oklahoma State

Best 2 of 3 for the Championship begins on Wednesday between the Sooners and the Longhorns. Texas is the first unseeded team to make it to the Championship Series.

Comment

• OU in 2.

(Really sticking my neck out huh!)
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        In the Semis-

UCLA 7-3 Oklahoma

Oklahoma 15-0(5) UCLA

Oklahoma State 0-5 Texas

Texas 6-5 Oklahoma State

Best 2 of 3 for the Championship begins on Wednesday between the Sooners and the Longhorns. Texas is the first unseeded team to make it to the Championship Series.
                        Pokes gave that one away. Too bad because I was rooting for Bedlam.

If there is a Game Three I hope they don’t put it in the middle of the afternoon like last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          If there is a Game Three I hope they don’t put it in the middle of the afternoon like last year.
                          All CT.

G1: Wednesday, 730 pm, ESPN
                          G2: Thursday, 630 pm, ESPN2
                          G3 (If necessary): Friday, 730 pm, ESPN

Comment

• I bet Texas wishes there was actually a run rule in the championship

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Actually think Alo is sitting at 32 after those 2 home runs today. Most likely will still pass Addie in the finals though.

But yea OU has currently played 60 games whereas Addie hit her 33 in 52. Obviously level of competition difference but both accomplishments are still ridiculously impressive.
                              Now Jocelyn Alo is at 34 as she has 2 more against Texas in game 1 of he CWS final series.

Not only will Addie have the better home runs per game ratio but I beleive Addie has set a new NCAA all-time record in that stat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                I bet Texas wishes there was actually a run rule in the championship
                                No doubt. 16-1. Ouch. Sure doesn't help the Longhorn's confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X