Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Same is true of Akansas - Oregon.
    lol my bad.

Game resumes at 3:53.
    ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      UCF in the 10th inning with Michigan ... UCFs pitcher is currently at 160 pitches for the game (she started the game).... in 100+ temperature .. impressive.
      Trailing 2-0 into the bottom of the 6th UCF scores 1 in the 6th, 1 in the 7th and 1 in the 11th for a 3-2 win. Kama Woodall goes the distance for the Knights throwing 181 pitches (122 of which were strikes).

Comment

Arkansas and Oregon scoreless going into the bottom of the 6th. Arkansas with only 1 hit in the first 5 innings. That changed quickly in the bottom of the 6th for the Hogs. Single, single, home run, home run and it's 4-0. Still no outs in the bottom of the 6th.

After the Ducks change pitchers the Hogs add 2 more on a hit batter, a walk and 2-run double to make 6-0. Oregon makes a 2nd pitching change in the inning.

Oregon gets a 2-run home in the top of the 7th but not nearly enough as Arkansas wins 6-2 and moves into the championship game.

I would think the Shocks will start in about 30 minutes.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

First pitch for the Shocks vs Princeton is at 6:47pm. I am a bit surprised at the choice of starting pitcher.

Hopefully Erin is more on top of her game today than she was yesterday. Of course, the Shocker need to win 2 to play tomorrow so hopefully Ivy League hitters prove to be more susceptible to Erin's pitching style than Oregon was.

The Shocks will be the home team in this one.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2022, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Erin off to a very shaky start. Has gone 3-0 on the first 3 hitters. Got one of them on a fly out but as I said last night Erin does not have the stuff to pitch from consistently behind in the count.

And Erin leaves after 3 hitters. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Caitlyn Bingham comes on in relief. A sharp sngle to left loads the bases. A pop up to 3rd produces out #2. A single to center plates 2 for Princeton. A tap back to Caitlyn gets the 3rd outs.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2022, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Is anyone watching on espn plus? Screen says the game has not started yet.

Comment

Feel bad for our pitchers...but we can't find better? Seems we have no problem getting hitters. Unless these hitters just feast on pitching worse than the Shox. Very odd dynamic with this team and stats.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                  Is anyone watching on espn plus? Screen says the game has not started yet.
                  Yes. Try this link: https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player...f-e50727127109

Comment

I think we are seeing where the season ending injuries to Arielle James and Bailey Urban as we are coming into play. Zoe Jones, a 3rd baseman is playing at 2nd in place of Arielle, and Jessica Garcia, a catcher, is playing 3rd. Our other option at 3rd is freshman Krystin Nelson who is probably a little better defensively but not as good of a hitter. Wylie Glover has filled in well for Bailey Urban in left but probably not quite the player Bailey is.

Comment

Huge break there... I'm kind of surprised they didn't call it no catch but call her out for leaving the base path. Still would have scored the run but she was nearly to the pitchers circle walking back to the dugout.

Comment

Neleigh got all of that one. Shocks lead 5-2 with a couple of very important insurance runs.

Comment

Lauren Sablone is a very good player for Princeton. But our pitchers need to avoid pitching behind in the count.

Comment

I am not sure why Sydney was bunting in that situation with 2 outs.

Comment

That was an egregious walk by Caitlyn leading off the 7th after getting ahead in the count 0-2 to a batter who did not really look all that strong of a hitter.

Good job by Caitlyn stranding that walk. Probably about as good as Caitlyn can pitch. Caitlyn was put in a tough position in the 1st inning. I'm sure she was mentally prepared for that to happen so quickly. But she held it together pretty well atter that.

Neleigh looks like she is hurting a bit after having her ankle kicked in the 7th.

Nice to get an NCAA Tournament win.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I assume we will see freshman Alison Cooper in the circle against Oregon. Tough spot for a freshman but she is capable of pitching well. She owns a win over Georgina Corrick and not a lot of pitchers can say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X