No announcement yet.

08 Recruit Stats/Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that athletes can qualify for academic scholarships but they can't be given anymore than a non athlete would get. Obviously a full ride athletic is going to be better than whatever academic most athletes could get. It is possible that freshmen may not fall under that, but then again an invited walk-on in entitled to academic help if he qualifies. What's to keep someone from doing that if they want too? Or if their parents can afford to pay. I've seen some situations where the parents pay for everything so the scholarship can be used on someone else.

I don't expect that to be the issue just throwing some things out there.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
      I've seen some situations where the parents pay for everything so the scholarship can be used on someone else.
      I’d like to hear about it because as I recall Craig Steven’s family didn’t even do this. And if there was ever a case where a scholarship athlete could pay his own way, Craig was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
        Originally posted by SubGod22
        I've seen some situations where the parents pay for everything so the scholarship can be used on someone else.
        I’d like to hear about it because as I recall Craig Steven’s family didn’t even do this. And if there was ever a case where a scholarship athlete could pay his own way, Craig was it.
        He got a scholarship after at least one year of walking on. He wasn't on a ride for the full 4 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
          Originally posted by BostonWu
          Originally posted by SubGod22
          He got a scholarship after at least one year of walking on. He wasn't on a ride for the full 4 years.
          The point being he got a scholarship for 3 years and he didn't exactly need the financial aid.

Comment

• I don't recall who and where but I remember it being discussed elsewhere. It wasn't at WSU. I'll have to talk to my brother and see if he can remember the details that I'm forgetting.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• SubGod22 - It was at Washington State this year. There was a writeup on Sportsline.com about it before the season started.

I can't remember the kid's name that gave up his scholarship so that another recruit they wanted (but had no scholarships left) could come.

Comment

• I assume those of you who saw Garrett Stunz tonight will give us a update on how he looked
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Here's the KC Star story on Stutz: http://varsity.kansascity.com/news/?...id=476&sport=2

He hits 6 straight free-throws in the loss.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Kyles and Murray both made 13 points in their games last night. Kyles' team lost and Murray's won

Comment

• Got to go to the KF vs. Woodlands game on Friday night. It was a no contest. Murry looked really good but the Woodlands didn't have much to put up against him. He looked at least 6'5 and ran the point some. KF plays five guards and they must have shot at least 30 3's. Murry looked very skilled, composed, and fundamental in about half the game he played. He is going to be a STUD!!! He is not through growing and is very fundamental. They play my nephew's team right after New Year's and it should be a good match up. Will update what I hear or see.

Comment

• Originally posted by rayc
                        SubGod22 - It was at Washington State this year. There was a writeup on Sportsline.com about it before the season started.

I can't remember the kid's name that gave up his scholarship so that another recruit they wanted (but had no scholarships left) could come.
                        brady morningstar did that last year for KU.
                        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• Chipola is still undefeated. Hannah had 5 pts 4 assists, 2 steals and 1 Rebound vs. St Petersberg.

Only had 3 points in a 103-50 win over Genesis I Prep.

Had 5 points 5 rebounds and 6 assists vs. Sante Fe.

Currently averaging 10.4 ppg, 72% FT, 55% FG, 58% 3PG, 4.6 APG, 1 SPG.

Comment

• Kyles had 9 pts vs. Longview on 12/14.

Comment

• I don't believe the article on Stutz's December 14 game mentioned he had 25 points, 14 rebounds and 10 blocks. A triple double.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Can Shocks02 catch us up at the top post for the games where it is much easier to read and track?

Comment

Working...
                                X