Marquise Carter Class of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9
    Hannah was a good point guard that could score in a variety of ways, and I can not help but feel we will need that next year too.
    I love Clevin, but what are talking about? Over half of Clevin's field goal attempts and makes were from 3-point range this year. He was opportunistic enough to score in other ways, but he is primarily a 3-point shooter not a particularly well-rounded scorer.

Demetric has far more potential to get to the basket and score in the mid-range than Clevin did because he has an explosive first step and more ability to elevate. He hasn't shown the same touch from 3 as Clevin (although few do).
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Hannah was a good point guard that could score in a variety of ways, and I can not help but feel we will need that next year too.
      I love Clevin, but what are talking about? Over half of Clevin's field goal attempts and makes were from 3-point range this year. He was opportunistic enough to score in other ways, but he is primarily a 3-point shooter not a particularly well-rounded scorer.

Demetric has far more potential to get to the basket and score in the mid-range than Clevin did because he has an explosive first step and more ability to elevate. He hasn't shown the same touch from 3 as Clevin (although few do).
      :good:
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I may be hard to impress but he just did not stand out in todays game. Others that have followed his game more closely may have seen why we have shown so much interest in the young man but if today was an indication I say pass and let ou or gonzaga have him.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
          I may be hard to impress but he just did not stand out in todays game. Others that have followed his game more closely may have seen why we have shown so much interest in the young man but if today was an indication I say pass and let ou or gonzaga have him.
          That was my thought, as well.

Comment

Mr. Carter played okay today but I doubt he hit his average stats of 17.2ppg, 4.1 rb, and 5.5 assists per game. His game today just did not glitter to the expectations I had going in. Now don't get me wrong. He is far from chopped liver and had his moments today. I know his Season stats are higher than Cousin's from Butler which I understand is 11.9ppg, 2.8 RB and 4.4 assists. However, those I have heard from like Cousin's game and he would have 3 Seasons to offer a Program in need of an extra point guard. Thus, it may all come down with Coach Marshall as seeking out the point guard that best fits what we will be needing and I am not sure whom that will be. I hope we learn who the recruit is that is to soon make an Official visit with us. I also hope that somebody tonight gives us a report on Cousin from Butler.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Marquise was really passive today, almost timid. He'll have to assert himself a lot more. He was brilliant in the Region finals against Moberly and the play-in game vs Kankakee. Hopefully, we'll see that version from now on.....

Comment

Paul Suellentrop's Shockwaves report from Hutch indicates we are still being considered by Carter.

Comment

For those who are challenged and or lazy... :D

"Fan after fan congratulated Orukpe as he stood outside the interview room.

“Big impression,” Carter said. “I saw Coach (Marshall) out there. I liked that. That showed a lot of love to me, and I really appreciated that.”

Carter said his main focus is on the tournament. He expects to make a college decision in the week after Hutchinson. He scored 15 points and made 11 of 12 free throws in Three Rivers’ 81-69 win over Monroe (N.Y.). Three Rivers plays Northwest Florida State at 6 p.m., Wednesday."

P.S. Great job Shocker fans... you made quite the impression this afternoon... I'll bet HCGM was beaming.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Coach Marshall was there, Garrett Stutz, Shocker fans were there,--just one big happy family. Next Season, the Chuck will be sold out, it will be rowdy, and there will be playing time available at the point guard position. This point guard slot we fill is of essence. A starting berth could be earned but it will be a war because Mr. Williams is waiting in the wings with a year in our System under his belt. The Shocks will receive more and more National attention and coverage as we continue to improve. Coach Marshall knows how tough our schedule will be and my trust in his recruiting abilities is solid. Carter has had better games than yesterday and this tourney is far from over. I wish him the best no matter where he signs. I would love to be there tonight at 6 but I have THE GAME to attend, in hopes of a future Garden Party.

Comment

So can one of you, you tube experts find Rick Nelsons "Garden Party" and put in a link...I think that would be an appropriate theme song.

Comment

So can one of you, you tube experts find Rick Nelsons "Garden Party" and put in a link...I think that would be an appropriate theme song.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdiraVxwkI :D
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I seen both Carter and Cousins play and I would like either one of them. I was to believe Carter was selfish player and he was far from it. He is a taller guard than Cousins, but they are both good

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU

Comment

That is fine stuff WstateU and I hope Ricky laughed all the way to the bank at the expense of the boooh birds at the Garden.

Comment

Working...
                                X