Marquise Carter Class of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Marquise Carter - "Sometime I wonder why coaches schedule games against trash teams. I hate playing in games like we just did. Won by 50."

Interesting. What is the source of that quote?

Dyersburg State is traditionally weak, but they are D1 and their head coach played for TRCC in the early 80's, so it's kind of a "favor" game. There are a few pushovers on the schedule. It's a simple matter of logistics and cost getting in the way...

Comment

Originally posted by marcus aurelius
      Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Marquise Carter - "Sometime I wonder why coaches schedule games against trash teams. I hate playing in games like we just did. Won by 50."

Interesting. What is the source of that quote?

Dyersburg State is traditionally weak, but they are D1 and their head coach played for TRCC in the early 80's, so it's kind of a "favor" game. There are a few pushovers on the schedule. It's a simple matter of logistics and cost getting in the way...
      Just a wild @ss guess... Facebook?
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

PS broke the news of Gonzaga talking to Carter. Mark Few was at 3 Rivers last Saturday watching him play.
        In the fast lane

Comment

You might remember the name Demetri "Meech" Goodson. He played against Murry in high school in Houston. The Shockers were very interested in him but the top 100 recruit went to Gonzaga.

He only played about 13 minutes a game last year but he has come on the last few games for the Zags. For Marquise to start at Gonzaga, he would have to beat out Meech.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
            You might remember the name Demetri "Meech" Goodson. He played against Murry in high school in Houston. The Shockers were very interested in him but the top 100 recruit went to Gonzaga.

He only played about 13 minutes a game last year but he has come on the last few games for the Zags. For Marquise to start at Gonzaga, he would have to beat out Meech.
            Meech is playing 26 per game, but not very good stats for a PG:

Season Averages
            SEASON TEAM MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS
            2008-2009 GONZ 13.4 3.8 1.3 1.6 1.0 1.59 .5 .1 1.7 .540 .647 .250 1.48
            2009-2010 GONZ 25.8 6.8 1.8 1.8 1.9 .91 1.1 .2 2.7 .492 .544 .174 1.31

Marquice may think beating Goodson out is not that tough.

Comment

From his Facebook...

"Marquise Carter: Im finna sign with OU or Gonzaga in a week or so. not sure where yet. but good to hear ur hoopin still my dude"

Comment

Hmmm, based on that I have a feeling DW is our starting PG next year. Carter was the one guy still on our list (since Harris and Smith appear to be out) I thought would be a definite upgrade over DW at the point. Although I haven't actually seen Cousin and the coaching staff may think he will be an upgrade.

Comment

Prepare for a name that you haven't heard of in the next 4 weeks, unless you've been paying VERY close attention.

Just because it appears Marquis is headed elsewhere (no surprise to me), it does not mean we are done.

We are most certainly not done.

Comment

I know that nobody will believe me, but I didn't intend to tease, this time at least.

I was simply pointing out that 1) Marquis always was interested in what he considered a big time program and IF he has decided to go elsewhere then it's not a big surprise to me at least and 2)We should not be stunned when this staff announces a signing that makes us stop and wonder. Nobody heard much about Mantas before he signed, and I don't know many at all that were on Demetric more than a couple of days before he signed.

We ARE going to sign 1 or 2 I promise you. To see another DWill at the last second shouldn't surprise us a 3rd time.

:D

Comment

Doc, are you saying that we need to take two aspirin, calm down, and check back later when things are better?

Comment

I would still like to have Carter; however it appears to me that he LOVES to shoot the ball and take over a game. I've watched him twice and this was a concern for me and how he might fit in with a team full of returning and experienced division one players. Great team chemistry will make a huge difference next year. Regardless, Carter was the player at the top of my list. One door closes and another door immediately opens.
                        Just sayin'...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Txlen
                          Doc, are you saying that we need to take two aspirin, calm down, and check back later when things are better?

That's exactly what I am saying. I think MC would have been a nice fit for our team, but no way perfect. We have A LOT of pieces next year and we need the worlds best teammate we can find.

I have little doubt that we can find just that.

Comment

coach has been pretty successful at recruiting thus far. I'm excited to see who WSU signs.

I'm not too concerned now that DWill appears to be able to take a bigger role next year. Love this time of year! :yahoo:
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

As far as I am concerned, Demetric stepped up his game in the conference tournament, and some of his talent bubbled to the surface.

He will be better next year, I am sure, but just how much better is the question. Hannah was a good point guard that could score in a variety of ways, and I can not help but feel we will need that next year too.

Comment

Are you talking HS or JC?

Comment

Working...
                                X