Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nope

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
    Balla, there is no such thing as a half-year of eligibility. That relic of the Stallworth era disappeared long ago. Using up any part of a year uses the whole year. The only thing affected by how soon a player transfers is how soon he gets to start playing whatever number of full years he has left.
    Just asking: So Bowles, who left aTm during the semester in 08-09, became eligible after the 1st semester of 09-10 and played the second semester for JMU. In doing so, he played 1 1/2 years for aTm and will now only play 1 1/2 years for JMU, basically losing a full year of playing? Could a player sit out the 1 1/2 years and then play 2 full years?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
      Balla, there is no such thing as a half-year of eligibility. That relic of the Stallworth era disappeared long ago. Using up any part of a year uses the whole year. The only thing affected by how soon a player transfers is how soon he gets to start playing whatever number of full years he has left.
      Just asking: So Bowles, who left aTm during the semester in 08-09, became eligible after the 1st semester of 09-10 and played the second semester for JMU. In doing so, he played 1 1/2 years for aTm and will now only play 1 1/2 years for JMU, basically losing a full year of playing? Could a player sit out the 1 1/2 years and then play 2 full years?
      Yes and that is what Noel is doing. He not planning to enroll until next year and will then have to sit a year. He will than have two years to play.
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Thanks, Trop. Just thinking out loud, I'm not sure what quality BCS program (one that has a chance to dance before Noel's done) will really want him. I'm also not sure if WSU would take a chance to put up with potentially the same problems Clemson had with him/them.

Nevertheless, with the scenerio you listed above, I could see him as valuable for WSU at the SF by 2012-13. Wessel would only be a sophmore, at best, by that time and may play other positions as well. And if I'm thinking through this correctly, Hall and EO would be seniors by then with White as a soph. Let's see....Hall, EO, White, Johnson, Wessel, and ....umm, Ellis would make a nice nucleus.

Comment

Sounds like I'm qualified for a job in the athletic administration office at WSU. Now, where is that paperwork?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Noel to Auburn

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
              Wish Noel the best. I assume he got his wishes of staying close to home, playing for a Big-6 team, and probably getting a lot of playing time. Of course, he had to pick the worst college basketball team among the Big-6 to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee
                Umm, ok. Whatever floats your boat.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Update on Noel.

Comment

• another example that the grass is not always greener, especially when your best options are lower tier BCS programs

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      I would say that the article contained max spin.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• According to ESPN he has been suspended by Auburn for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by benishock View Post
                          According to ESPN he has been suspended by Auburn for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
                          Why does this not surprise?

Comment

• I'm going to guess he was spending too much time in the gym trying to become better. We all know that Auburn has no desire to be too competitive and has to remain a celler dweller.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Maybe finished at his third University:
                              "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• If he's gone next stop is D-2.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X