Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SFL
    Originally posted by XManCometh
    I wonder if the fact that Kyle Weems refusing to leave the Valley for KU, KSU, etc will have any effect on Perry's decision. Hate him all you want, but Weems is an NBA ready player and him deciding to stay another year in the Valley can only help the conference. Heck, Jim Rome even had him on his show today.
    Sorry, I meant WNBA. 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      Wherever Perry ends up, I have a HUGE amount of respect for Perry, his family & his (high school) coach for the classy way this is being conducted.

Fantastic point. I bet their aren't 3 kids with his talent, with his exposure, with the pressure to attend his home town school, that has handled all the attention, spotlight and pressure with anywhere near the grace, class and deftness that the Ellis' have exhibited.

I imagine and hope that all fans will support his decision, no matter what school he chooses.

Comment

• I'm sure we will all support him no matter what. But if he goes to WSU we will be nuts over him.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• is the AC video on YouTube?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
            Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Wherever Perry ends up, I have a HUGE amount of respect for Perry, his family & his (high school) coach for the classy way this is being conducted.

Fantastic point. I bet their aren't 3 kids with his talent, with his exposure, with the pressure to attend his home town school, that has handled all the attention, spotlight and pressure with anywhere near the grace, class and deftness that the Ellis' have exhibited.

I imagine and hope that all fans will support his decision, no matter what school he chooses.
            Yes, this whole process would be greatly improved by a Brian Butler type.

On opposite world.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989
              I am getting excited. I think I may have a hard time sleeping tonight. It would really be great for Wichita and Wichita State if Perry Ellis becomes a Shocker.

For those of us who remember how much excitement there was in this area in the early 80s with Antoine Carr, Aubrey Sherrod and company, it would be really great to have that again!

:yahoo:
              Ironically, we may be the only school on his list with fans that are making a statement that they may be having a hard time sleeping based on the possibility of him joining our school.

At WSU the chances of hanging his number in the rafters one day is great and real.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu
                Originally posted by shox1989
                I am getting excited. I think I may have a hard time sleeping tonight. It would really be great for Wichita and Wichita State if Perry Ellis becomes a Shocker.

For those of us who remember how much excitement there was in this area in the early 80s with Antoine Carr, Aubrey Sherrod and company, it would be really great to have that again!

:yahoo:
                Ironically, we may be the only school on his list with fans that are making a statement that they may be having a hard time sleeping based on the possibility of him joining our school.

At WSU the chances of hanging his number in the rafters one day is great and real.
                That's a great thought. Having your shirt hanging from the rafters in your home town would be awesome. Imagine taking your kids to see Grandpa and Grandma and showing them your jersey hanging from the rafters a mile down the road from Grandma's house.

That's lifetime stuff and family stuff. Maybe WSU has more to offer than some of us have realized.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
                  I caught up with Fonda about the visit.

http://shockerhoops.net/perry-ellis-...-states-visit/
                  Thanks AC!

Comment

• Im going streaking if he chooses us :wsu_posters: :clap:
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                      From Sull'ys Shockwaves blog:

Marshall highlighted his graduation rate, telling the Ellises all 12 of his WSU seniors graduated.
                      I think we can chalk that one up as a point for Marshall that none of the other schools on Perry's list can match.

I don't believe that all the players who leave early for the NBA have lifetime income security. I'd imagine the Ellis's have better information than I do about that subject. I suspect they may place a higher value on a college education than some of the families of other premium players.

Even if Perry leaves early, I think both he and his family place a value on his teammates getting an education and a program with a reputation of good graduation rates.
                      Plus, given how important academics are to Perry and his family this was GREAT point to bring up yesterday!!! Gregg is a great salesman. I still feel we are an outside shot, but if anyone can reel him in...it's Gregg.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Look at the players on board for 2012. Uwadiae, Van Vleet, Baker - possibly Wessel and Cotton as RS Fr. Throw in Ede at SF a year ahead of that class. Marshall's recruiting is absolutely built around signing Ellis.

It doesn't kill the class if Ellis signs with another team, but Ellis fits into the recruits so well.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Not quite

Actually, Aargh, WSU's recruiting is "built around" (to use your term) adding a freshman PF who can have an impact. Obviously Ellis could be that guy, and Marshall thinks he has a legitimate shot at him or the Shocks wouldn't be working so hard.

But even if Ellis goes astray, Jake White will be a sophomore in 2012-3; Gavin Thurman is a high profile (just not as high) possible recruit, along with whoever else is out there we're overlooking but the coaches aren't; and we've just learned that Earl Watson, who is already PF-sized, is saying he'll join White as a 2013-4 junior once he finishes at Chipola.

If Ellis is Plan A, there appear to be lots of Plan Bs that look pretty promising too.

Comment

• I expect Ellis to play SF if he signs with WSU.

Comment

• It's mentioned from time to time that Perry or others will play small forward or power forward. Who cares what you call it. Marshall won't hand cuff him. He'll play both inside and outside. He'll shoot the three and also dunk it sometimes. He'll block shots, and rebound as well as pass, dribble, etc. on the break. He'll do this because he's a very good basketball player who has many skills. :D

Comment

• When people project an incoming players position i think it has more to do with the defensive end. We all know Ellis and in fact most of the high end recruits can play inside and outside, so then the question is where can they defend.

Comment

Working...
                                X