Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    I hate to see any kid go one and done in college but it happens.
    I'm with you, but not like you might think. I think they should be able to come out right after high school, but if they don't sign they're in for two-three years if they go D-I, more like baseball. If I learned anything in Finance at WSU, it's that time value of money works in a first round draftee's favor if they sign out of high school in the first round.
    I wouldn't be completely opposed to that either. I do like how baseball is done that way. Football is as well although HS kids going pro isn't really an option anyway.

I also don't disagree with the signing early thing unless it doesn't work out. Yes, they would have some money but had some of the failed HS players gone to college and developed and matured they could have had a long career and made more money in the long run. I guess you could say that they possible could have not developed and never made that money either.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

twice in this thread its been mentioned hes already planning on just going 1 and done. The first time supposedly came from his parents mouth

the second from his mouth.

If hes got the talent then fine. But seriously, Something isnt right in this situation IMO

Comment

Again.....Korleon Young.

If the reports are true about this coming from his parents then I'm a little worried about him. Having that kind of talk in your head before you're even in HS isn't a good thing and if he stops improving and others catch up it could really effect him and in a not so positive way.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Again.....Korleon Young.

If the reports are true about this coming from his parents then I'm a little worried about him. Having that kind of talk in your head before you're even in HS isn't a good thing and if he stops improving and others catch up it could really effect him and in a not so positive way.
          im saying!

from page 2

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
          he knows he wants to just go to school for one year then leave for the NBA.
          his parents think it would be cool for him to go to WSU for a year
          Look I know we are recruiting the kid. Im sure with all the pub this site has been getting the parents know about us and might even keep tabs but if this is true W T F!

At least lie to us. At least pretend you care about your childs future. Make us believe you'll stay so when you do leave we all say " yeah i understand"

Comment

Come on guys. We all know that even discussing it this early--either he or his parents saying he'll go pro after a year or us saying that he won't or shouldn't--is a total exercise in futility.

The only thing that will decide if he goes pro after a year of college is how the NBA talent scouts rate him..... wait for it.... after a year of college.

If he were to come to WSU and leave for the NBA after one year, that would mean he had a pretty good season here. No complaints from me.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Congratulations to Perry Ellis! Perry was one of five selected to play in Reebok's All-American Camp through the recently completed Reebok Breakout Underclass Camp. Most of the participants in the Underclass Camp were selected through 12 Try Out Camps throughout the Country. Furthermore, Perry was the only Freshman selected.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Ellis ranked #8 in his class by Hoopscoops newest release.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Bill Self was watching Perry at the Reebok All-American Camp.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I don't take comments in the media too seriously. Is it possible that a reporter was egging the parents on a little in order to get a better story?
                    Reporter: "If Perry continues to develop his basketball skills at the same pace, how do you see his future basketball plans?"
                    Parent: ...
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I finally found him on Rivals. He's currently listed as a SF by them. For what it's worth.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Hey Perry! take note my man. Marshall just keeps landing solid gets and this program is on the rise. Come here for a year and add to it! Be that 5 star that stays home! It's only one year man, come on.

Comment

Hoopscoops' Clark Francis calls Ellis the best player at the 14-Under AAU Nationals. He has, "an incredible wing span, a silky slick demeanor, and the versalitity necessary to be equally effective both inside and outside...has a great mid-range game, can shoot the three, rebounds and blocks shots and has a great feel for the game."

In the fast lane

Comment

I hope this kid does keep getting better. Staying home for college ain't so bad. WSU is going to get alot of media exposure in the next couple of years with tourneys and that can only help with recruiting.

I really do hope that he ends up a burger boy and stays home, just like Carr did. (and Dreiling too technically). Things like that only help a school out.

Comment

My wife is a teacher at Heights and she says he's a fantastic student (and she's pretty cynical about student-athletes) and a really nice kid to boot.

Also, she asked him about the unofficial visit he was taking to Lawrence and she says he stuck his tongue out, which maybe reinforces the idea that he doesn't want to play in Kansas.

Still, they're projecting him to be 6'10+, and with the skill set he supposedly has, wouldn't it be nice....

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Ellis is starting to sound like a Beasley-type player. In Beasley's one year at KSU, he couldn't get them to a S16. I think Ellis would find a better supporting cast at WSU than Beasley had at KSU.

Wait, that isn't working well. Beasley was playing with another high NBA pick at KSU. You would think that 2 first-round NBA picks would be able to get a team to the S16.

Back to my original thought. I think Ellis would find a better supporting cast than Beasley had at KSU.

KSU tried to do everything through Beasley and Walker. I don't think that's ever going to happen at WSU. If Ellis plays for WSU, he's going to be a team player. If he's going to be a superstar, he's going to do it within a system and the system isn't going to revolve around Ellis.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X