Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
    Originally posted by RoyalShock
    As KSU has shown, having two freshmen like that can get you all the way to the round of 32.

But it would be cool to get a player like that. Great publicity plus it could open some recruiting doors that couldn't be opened before.
    BUT we have Gregg Marshall.
    they have frank martin...
    Excellent point!

Comment

he knows he wants to just go to school for one year then leave for the NBA.
      his parents think it would be cool for him to go to WSU for a year

Comment

i guess he's getting letters from everyone as expected.
        KU, KSU, mizzou, duke, were named. and also nebraska.
        So, can letters be sent out to them this soon? I thought they had to be a least a junior or maybe a sophomore. Or is it that letters can go to them any time, but the coaches just can't talk to them until they're a sophomore or later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
          i guess he's getting letters from everyone as expected.
          KU, KSU, mizzou, duke, were named. and also nebraska.
          So, can letters be sent out to them this soon? I thought they had to be a least a junior or maybe a sophomore. Or is it that letters can go to them any time, but the coaches just can't talk to them until they're a sophomore or later.
          My neice has been getting letters from schools as early as a freshman.

They are basically brochures on the school. Nothing more really.

Comment

NCAA Rules:

"RECRUITING AND THE PROSPECTIVE
            STUDENT-ATHLETE
            The Definitions You Must Know:
            A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT-ATHLETE is any student
            who has started classes for the ninth grade. The
            NCAA, however does not have a minimum age
            limit. As a result, a student of any age who is
            contacted for recruitment purposes becomes a
            prospect."

Comment

The other freshman for Heights next year mentioned by notquiteBwing is Gavin Thurman.
              In the fast lane

Comment

apparently when he received a letter from nebraska he just laughed and shredded it up immediately!
                :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Comment

This YOUNG man is well on his way to having the longest thread by the time he is actually ready for college haha
                  Shox-4-Life

Comment

Ellis is playing AAU with the Ohio Basketball Club 15 and under. They play the major tournaments and last year were one of the top teams.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

What's his connection to Ohio? Could he not get in with KC PnR?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does this young kid hang out with a guy named Steve that used to be a member of Wichita's finest?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                          What's his connection to Ohio? Could he not get in with KC PnR?
                          Family connections maybe?
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Perry's national coverage begins with a mention by Van Coleman in a CSTV story. "This long, but athletic youngster has quick feet and 38-inch vertical to dominate on the baseline, but its the budding face up skills that hold the true look into the future for this young, but talented power forward. New name for high major mailing lists."

This came after Coleman saw him play at the Bill Hensley Memorial in Ft. Wayne last weekend for Spiece Mo-Kan Elite. I assume he was on the 15 and under team which lost the Championship game in that division.

CBS Sports features live scoring, news, stats, and player info for NFL football, MLB baseball, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, college basketball and football.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Okay, Ill spill the beans on what I know...

My wife and I were Perry's kindergarten Sunday School teachers. Perry was an amazing track athlete back then (one of the events was the long-jump). We saw his parents at church the other day. We spoke about the attention Perry has been getting and that he is almost as tall as his dad - 6'8". I said that he could possibly reach 7" and they thought it was a distinct possibility.

I said that Perry should become a Shocker to his Dad. His Dad didn't say one way or the other about where they were thinking he would go, but I had a feeling that they were thinking "bigger". This is just my impression - not something he said - more like a body language response.

Who knows. I just hope Perry doesn't get too bigheaded about it all.
                              "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

That's disappointing since it's been reported they were supporters of Perry going to WSU. Hopefully Perry will wait several more years, giving Marshall a chance to make the Shockers more appealing. I say hopefully because Gillispie and a few others are making early commits almost common.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X