No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple days old and an example of the principle that anyone can put anything on the Internet, but here I am posting it nevertheless.

Okay, I take it back; this is already in the Men's Basketball forum. So much for trying to keep the recruiting stuff separate. My bad.
    "Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum."
    -- Lucretius, De Rerum Natura

Comment

• From ESPN Insiders "Rumors":

When Jeff Capel was hired as a Duke assistant coach a few weeks ago, the buzz around Durham was that Capel might be the successor to coach Mike Krzyzewski. While that move doesn't look like it will happen any time soon, Capel's immediate impact should be evident in the Blue Devils' recruiting efforts, specifically in the 2012 class.

After Capel's move became official, ESPN Dave Telep wrote about his impact, noting, "In short, Capel's hiring was a strong move for a program that has been on a recruiting tear." Telep notes Capel, while the coach at Oklahoma, had been heavily recruiting Julius Randle and Tony Parker. There is another 2012 recruit, however, that it would appear Duke has targeted -- Perry Ellis. Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com reported Capel placed a call to Ellis' parents and back in December, OU made Ellis' list of finalists.

Recently, Coach K spoke with Ellis, all signs indicating that Ellis has become a serious priority for the ACC power. If Ellis (or Parker) do in fact commit to Duke, their addition would give the Blue Devils something they haven't had since Shelden Williams: a low post threat who should receive a paint touch at least every possession.

Comment

• blah, blah, blah.

that would be pretty much true of any school. gotta love the bcs tools back east.

Comment

• Duke is indeed now on Perry's list of schools he is considering:

In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
            Duke is indeed now on Perry's list of schools he is considering:

http://theshiver.com/2011/05/another...is/#more-14697
            Excuse me while I get sick! 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I hate Duke, but for an intelligent young man like Perry, Duke is a very good school.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• On twitter the Recruitscoop just reported that Perry talked to WSU staff last night.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• From Twitter:

@cjelliott20
                  Chris Elliott
                  Heights' Perry Ellis said he would consider Duke as a place to play after getting a call from Coach K Wednesday.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• Ellis is playing in the Best Buy Classic this weekend with the Kansas Players which includes Buddy Hield and Ja'ln Williams.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• I'd really wouldn't mind seeing Perry and Buddy on the same team....in 2 years....in Wichita....
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

From Twitter:

@cjelliott20
                        Chris Elliott
                        Heights' Perry Ellis said he would consider Duke as a place to play after getting a call from Coach K Wednesday.
                        So with duke joining the game late (I know, I know capel's not late) it would be in their best interest to fill our last opening with a game in wichita right?!
                        A boy can dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop
                          Originally posted by tropicalshox
                          From Twitter:

@cjelliott20
                          Chris Elliott
                          So with duke joining the game late (I know, I know capel's not late) it would be in their best interest to fill our last opening with a game in wichita right?!
                          A boy can dream
                          I like the way you think.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop
                            Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            From Twitter:

@cjelliott20
                            Chris Elliott
                            A boy can dream
                            I would like to subscribe to your newsletter....
                            Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Another Shocker recruit for Kansas Players this weekend is Earl Peterson. Sunrise's Lawrence Fejokwa and Franklin Ozonwanne are also on the team.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Another Shocker recruit for Kansas Players this weekend is Earl Peterson. Sunrise's Lawrence Fejokwa and Franklin Ozonwanne are also on the team.
                                Do the other 2 Sunrise kids project well? I haven't heard thier names before.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X