Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22
    I don't know what order they'd all be in, but by doing a search on Rivals these are the possible names based upon the star system I came up with.

Marcus Denmon (Missouri) ***
    Torres Roundtree (SIU) ***
    Scott Suggs (Washington) ****
    Johnny Coy (Arizona State) ***
    Anthony Booker (SIU) ****
    John Brandenburg (Virginia) ****

Those are the only ones that have 3 or more stars in the '08 class.
    I guess Releford counts as a Kansas player.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by benishock
      Everyone's getting all excited over the 16th best player in Missouri? Is this guy another Lance Kroll or Paul Wight?
      Nobody is excited; if a player doesn't go to KU, UNC, UCLA, Doook, etc., they aren't any good anyway. We're not excited; it's just gas. :D
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
        Maybe only playing at the bigger School his Senior year hurt this ranking some? Also, if Kentucky would have nabbed him, he would have suddenly been much improved on the list immediatly.
        4 stars automatically.

So what that someone ranked him #16 in Missouri. That's got to be better than being #16 in North Dakota or Montana now doesn't it?

I could care less if he was only a 1 star player. As long as he does what he needs to do to improve and coach wants him on the team, then I'm happy. How can anyone complain about having a 7 footer on the team, even if he only plays 5 or 6 minutes. Those big guys change things inside, no matter how good they are.

Comment

• I'm glad Mr. Stutz will become a regular with Kerry R. There are some effective big bruisers this year playing inside at the Dance, Several of them can also stroke the trey.. I like the idea of Stutz and EO shoring up our inside game next year. Paul Miller had some great games versus SIU and he hung in there tough with Tennesse. Stutz and EO can be alternated on Offense and Defense and maybe some situations when they are in together.

Okay, so what if EO never shows? I'm sure there is a back-up plan in place as we speak that will be revealed soon. We are on the brink of maybe our best recruiting Class for decades and I can't wait to see the final product. Soon, it will be summer and we will sit in a sweat-box arena, salivating over the new and improved team, and we will be as happy as a lark.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I thought Garrett was a 2 star that got bumped to a 3 star player, not that it matters. I like him, and definately feel like he will helo the program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
              I thought Garrett was a 2 star that got bumped to a 3 star player, not that it matters. I like him, and definately feel like he will helo the program.
              Helo? Is that like Halo? :whistle:
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• HELP--- yes indeed he will help this program. You can't teach height. We will look good at airports even though Darren Dugger never did make the NBA as prognosticated in times past.

Comment

• The fact that he is the #16 player in Missouri is neither here nor there. He's 7 feet tall. Where would be rank as a big man... I'm sure most of the 15 ahead of him were guards and forwards....

If those not impressed would prefer to let some other team have him, find us a better replacement that Marshall can sign....

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Also, Rivals had him in the best of the rest at C. I'd assume that'd put his rank in the 151-200 or so. Somebody suggested 250-300 earlier.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                      Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      The Big Show was referred to by Coach Marshall as our cornerstone. When you consider his consistant shooting touch, the fact he can shoot with both hands, and his work ethic, then we realize that exciting days will be here again, sooner than later.

Now let's surround him with the solid recruiting class coming in, add AJ Hawkins and we hope EO(twin towers) to the fold, blend that with our returning players, and the 2-3 more recruits that should be signed very soon-- what do you have? Progress being made with a young team that will make make nice strides this coming Season. Then the following Season it will be time to Dance with the Stars. Ya dig?
                      Wrong Big Show
                      Now here's another really Big Show! :D

SFL is back!

Comment

• My Doc weighed me last week and looked up the handy dandy 'weight to height ratio chart' and is considering putting FSF on a vertical 'big show stretching machine' to make me much more taller. This could be more painful then Double Dribble's 'grapes of wrath' remedy?

Comment

• When I posted the link to Garrett being ranked 16th in Missouri I didn't expect all the negativity. Keep in mind that he's only been "visible" for one year and he was 6'2" as a HS Fr, so all the guys everyone has been watching since Jr. Hi are probably in front of him just because Garrett is so new to the guys doing the evaluations.

Another page on the same site
                          The definitive source for all Missouri HS Sports news.

has Stutz among the top 10 prospects in Missouri, a Rivals 3*, and the number 2 Center in Missouri. The number 1 Center is 6'10", 235 and headed to Virginia.

Also keep in mind that Stutz had about the same numbers in Missouri's large-school division as a Sr. that he had in a small school as a Jr. He's growing into his body and showing substantial improvement year-to-year.

Let's not make Stutz the next Mekel by putting unrealistic expectations on him and then ripping on him if he's not up tp our sometimes unfounded expectations. Paul Miller got a lot of criticism for 3 years (soft on D, no hands, Fifi, etc.). I don't think we should expect more from Stutz than we got from Miller. If he can give us what Miller did, we're in great shape.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Well put Aargh. I was surprised at how quickly some jumped on it the way they did. I did find it odd that he was rated that low though. Based off of Rivals rankings I was baffled. But I have no doubts that the kid will come in here and be a productive player. How productive will depend on his development and work ethic. And I'm not concerned about the latter.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                              Let's not make Stutz the next Mekel by putting unrealistic expectations on him and then ripping on him if he's not up tp our sometimes unfounded expectations. Paul Miller got a lot of criticism for 3 years (soft on D, no hands, Fifi, etc.). I don't think we should expect more from Stutz than we got from Miller. If he can give us what Miller did, we're in great shape.
                              Exactly, no pressure. Just improve year over year and be the league MVP in his senior year and lead us to a sweet sixteen. No unfounded expectations!

:good: :D ;-)
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• BoBB, I would like to refer you to this site:

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

If there are other words used here that you don't exactly understand feel free to post them. I will be happy to look up the definitions for you and post links.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X