X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendall Wright Highlite Video YOUTUBE

Check it out, he is awesome! link below
    also ranked #12 in the latest 08' texasroundball.com

You can put me in the impressed category! I really hope Kendall is going to be a Shocker.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      You can put me in the impressed category! I really hope Kendall is going to be a Shocker.
      There is nothing really much to say.

Comment

My impressions . . .

Since this is a highlight video and, I assume, AAU play, it's tough to assess his overall game.

I don't see any weakness in his offensive skills. He can shoot (hit several from 21-23 feet), shoot off the dribble, handle the ball, pass, see the floor, navigate through traffic, finish and jump out of the gym.

There wasn't much there to guage his on-ball defense. But he seems to be able to get his hand on a lot of passes and his quickness gets him some steals.

My one criticism would be that he seemed to take a lot of quick, guarded shots that in college we would all say were not smart plays and no coach would like for very long. Maybe chalk it up to AAU ball, if that is indeed what were in those videos. I suspect he'd be broken of that pretty quick.

Having said that, get that young man a scholarship!!! I hope HCGM, staff and JT can get him here.

Mac Daddy, it looks like you're going to have one sought-after son, if you don't already. Thanks for sharing those amazing highlights!

Comment

Wow! :good:
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I was in his corner before the highlight video, but WOW! Love his energy, the way he handles traffic and finishes. I knew he had to have something being a standout athlete in 3 different sports.

I really like his awareness for stealing the ball, and of court awareness after he does steal it. This is a make-it-happen guard, and just what we need.

Comment

Kendall Wright

Those were not AAU highlites, those were actual highschool games from the past year. They have to play an uptempo style of game because of overall team height. They get after it.

Comment

holy crap!

:good: :good: :good:

Comment

Re: Kendall Wright

Originally posted by Mac Daddy
                  Those were not AAU highlites, those were actual highschool games from the past year. They have to play an uptempo style of game because of overall team height. They get after it.
                  Thanks for the correction.

Either way, Kendall's a stud and I hope to see him in a Shocker uniform!

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but with him only being 5'11 he kind of reminded me of Matty B driving to the lane.

But instead of flipping with the left hand he would just dunk it!

God I love that.

And that behind the back flip to save the ball out of bounds to end up in an alley oop was :shock:

Comment

I could see a little Karon Bradley in his game.

I loved it when he would anticipate the inbounds pass and pick it off. I'm sure the inbounds passer is not expecting a guy 5'11 to get up that high, that quick.

If he can prove himself as a point guard (high asst/to ratio) as well as a scorer, he'll be in high demand.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Mac Daddy I hope you have sent these to Coach Marshall

Comment

We need JT's help to convince young Mr. Wright that he would fit in very nicely in Wichita.

Correct if I am wrong MD, but did not your son commit to T A&M already for football?

Comment

He de-committed on his verbal sometime ago, Doc.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Goodness!!! Get that kid a uniform!!! :clap:
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                              X