Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
    Originally posted by kpi03
    I dont know what is considered must have but he is a game changer and a steal and an atheletic freak with a jumper
    What game did he change that you saw?
    Originally posted by Snapshot9
    I consider him a 'Must have'. Yes, I know it was his 3 highlight videos, but I am sure Michael Jordan's highlights looked pretty good too ....

He looks to be an 'Extraordinary Athlete' with a feel and sense of the game, and he makes things happen. Let me ask you, what's not to like?

He looks to be a very exciting player to watch, and I want him to be a Shocker.
    You know who else had an exciting highlight video? Shawn Bradley.

Look, my point is not that this kid is not the bomb. He might be. My point is its ridiculous to call him a steal, a game changer, or a must have unless you've seen him play in at least one whole game. I'm the last one to get on board with the "trust the coach" train, but when it comes to recruiting I'll trust the coaches. If he's the bomb, they're trying to recruit him. If the coaches then say he's the bomb, I'll believe them. If he goes out and plays for the Shocks and is the bomb, I'll be convinced.

Well "badass" the shockers have been recruiting him since his soph. year so they must have seen something, and i know for a fact that they have seen his whole games.

Comment

I hope we get this kid..............

Comment

The previous Shocker staff was recruiting him since his sophomore year. I'm not saying the new staff isn't, but just wanted to mention there has been a change in the coaching staff. I know it's a small tidbit of information, but somewhat noteworthy. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy
          Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
          Originally posted by kpi03
          I dont know what is considered must have but he is a game changer and a steal and an atheletic freak with a jumper
          What game did he change that you saw?
          Originally posted by Snapshot9
          I consider him a 'Must have'. Yes, I know it was his 3 highlight videos, but I am sure Michael Jordan's highlights looked pretty good too ....

He looks to be an 'Extraordinary Athlete' with a feel and sense of the game, and he makes things happen. Let me ask you, what's not to like?

He looks to be a very exciting player to watch, and I want him to be a Shocker.
          You know who else had an exciting highlight video? Shawn Bradley.

Look, my point is not that this kid is not the bomb. He might be. My point is its ridiculous to call him a steal, a game changer, or a must have unless you've seen him play in at least one whole game. I'm the last one to get on board with the "trust the coach" train, but when it comes to recruiting I'll trust the coaches. If he's the bomb, they're trying to recruit him. If the coaches then say he's the bomb, I'll believe them. If he goes out and plays for the Shocks and is the bomb, I'll be convinced.

Well "badass" the shockers have been recruiting him since his soph. year so they must have seen something, and i know for a fact that they have seen his whole games.
          Mac Daddy,

Many of us posters have been guilty of falling for over-hype in the past... especially those of us that followed the Shockers during the 90's. I won't bore you with a plethora of examples. Personally, I've tried to temper my enthusiasm until a "hyped" recruit actually appears on campus and plays a game in a Shocker uniform. I think this is what BOBB was trying to say.

I also trust our coaching staff 100% and if they indeed sign KW, I will be elated and excited for the day he arrives on campus. Wichita State is a special place with a storied history and I think America will soon find out that the napping giant (sleeping in the 90’s) has awakened again. While Shocker Baseball is very special here, Shocker Basketball is King. WSU basketball players are treated like Rock or Rap stars in the City of Wichita. I’ve been a fan for almost 40 years and there’s something special going on with our university that I haven’t seen in the past… Dr. Beggs and Jim Schaus are leading something special. I hope KW gets to experience it first hand… there’s plenty of room in the rafters for more jersey’s. Darn, there I go falling for the hype again. Seriously, if it’s meant to be, it will happen.

:yes:
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Don't take anything to personally Mac Daddy. Nobody is saying the kid can't play. But I, and some others, seem to feel that people may be getting way too excited with few facts. I doubt any of us have seen him play other than the videos on YouTube. I could have taken highlight videos of myself and made me look better than I was. You've posted his stats before. But numbers don't always tell everything either. I've seen guys put up numbers that would impress anybody, but they didn't belong on this level.

I will say that from what I've read and seen that I do like like Kendall. I just think some have gone a little overboard with calling him a must have or steal. They're basing that on a couple of highligts and what you've told us. And you're obviously at least a little biased. But that also doesn't mean you're full of crap either.

Basically it comes down to this. If the staff thinks he's a must have they'd be all over him with offers and visits and all of that. They're obviously at least interested and have thier eyes on him. Maybe I'm forgetting here but I don't recall an offer being made and don't feel like reading back through everything to see if that's correct. If they felt like he was a must have he'd definately have an offer. And even if they do offer someone I don't think it means the kid is a must have. We've offered kids in the past that would be nice to have but I'd never call a must.

I've gone on a little long here, but all I'm trying to say is don't take any of this the wrong way. I think most of us, if not all, would be happy to see him in Wichita. We just don't think, at least at this time, that we HAVE to have or NEED him to go to the next level. Although we'll admit that he could be that type of player at some point. It's hard to say when you don't have first hand knowledge or have people in the know who have seen him.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy
              For the record your son looks like a great player. He's obviously a gifted athlete that, regardless of where or what sport he chooses, is going to get a college education and have the opportunity to play in front of great fans of whatever university he chooses. First and foremost, I don't want you to think I'm taking a shot at Kendall, because I'm not at all.

What has happened lately is that some on this board have gone from making projections and prognostications and expressing opinions, which are fun and entertaining and for the most part the entire point of a board, to naming starting lineups, minutes played and every other stat imaginable based on the most limited of information we have. I just think it's a little silly to say, for example, that Kendall would play in front of another player without having seen either one play. It would be just as ridiculous if someone were to say Kendall didn't look like he would see much time in a Shocker uniform.

I think you make a great point, that if the coaches have been recruiting him for 2-3 years, then there's probably a good reason they're doing so. Again, I hope you weren't offended. My comments have less to do with Kendall than with these uninformed predictions presented as if they were carried down on stone tablets.

A footnote - I know some of our Shockernet folk make it to the AAU games and that we have people in Texas. Has anyone out there seen Kendall, or any of our recruits play? I would consider it your duty to dish the goods! :)

Another footnote - This has been a turbulent offseason and we have a lot of unknowns. Whenever there is a lack of information and certaintly, it is human nature to speculate. It will be nice when we win our first game and we can all talk about how great the team is and how awesome the new coach is. It will be almost as fun when we lose our first game and people come out of the woodwork saying that Marshall can't coach his way out of Scott Thompson's sweat socks and that PJ Couisnard is the worst player to ever wear a Shocker uniform. Either way, it will be more entertaining than this.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

An article about Kendall and two two other Texas high school two sports stars that played on the same AAU team this summer. Kendall is wanting to keep his options open to playing both sports. We are listed as one of the schools in contact with at least one of the three. I think we can assume our interest is in Kendall.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  http://www.tylerpaper.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/SPORTS05/70830029

An article about Kendall and two two other Texas high school two sports stars that played on the same AAU team this summer. Kendall is wanting to keep his options open to playing both sports. We are listed as one of the schools in contact with at least one of the three. I think we can assume our interest is in Kendall.
                  I sure hope him, coach and pops hit it off... on paper, he looks like the real deal.
                  :goshocks:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

“I’ve tried to pull stuff out of Kendall before and all he tells me is ‘Coach, I don’t talk a lot, I save it for the floor,’” said Smith. “He’s quiet, listens to whatever you say.”
                    :good:

Comment

At Central Christian Church, GM gave a list of what he looks for in a recruit. I might have these out of order but I remember:

1. Athletic - can run and jump
                      2. Coachable - a kid who listens and takes instruction well
                      3. Character - a kid who goes to class and doesn't keep him up at night

Kendall sure looks like a GM type of recruit.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                        We need JT's help to convince young Mr. Wright that he would fit in very nicely in Wichita.

Correct if I am wrong MD, but did not your son commit to T A&M already for football?

If the Dr likes him, that says alot! Mac Daddy sounds like your son can play. I would like to see him in a Shocker uniform. i think we are a team that will make some noise in the near future! :posterwu: 8) 8)
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

is he an 08 recruit?? and if so are we in the mix for him

Comment

McDaddy, I see you are on line. How about an update?
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Comment

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X