No announcement yet.

Kendall Wright Highlite Video YOUTUBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So HCGM brings him in, let's the track coach talk with him, and hopefully we end up with one of the most athletic players at WSU in a long time.

Very talented ball player and a potential all MVC or better track star. That would rock.

Comment

I would be recruiting this kid as hard as possible.

Comment

I've been impressed with Kendall since I started following Durley's HS stats. The 39" vertical and 4.4 40 stats were on the Net after Kendall's HS SO season. His vertical in the clips seems to be more than 39".

What impressed me most from the clips was the explosiveness and quickness of Kendall's vertical. I also liked the pull-up jumpers from 15' - 17'. That seems to be a lost art and the shot is almost always minimally defended in D1 ball.

Kendall's height (5'11") is going to work against him if he's projected as a SG at D1. I'd love to see another Randy Burns-type or a 4-year version of KBrad in a Shock uni.

Marshall seems to like taller SG's. Wright would be behind Hatch and Hawkins, who are both taller SG's. Wright would have to earn his minutes or possibly take a RS year to see if he can convert to PG. If that doesn't work, he'd at least have an extra year of PT as Hatch and Hawkins move further into their eligibility.

Can hit 3's. Can hit pull-up jumpers. Can stuff it. Can finish in transition. Is a D1-class sprinter and a possible NCAA finalist in long jump and triple jump.

All I want to know is who in the world is Marshall looking at that Kendall Wright doesn't have an offer yet.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I agree. There must be more than meets the eye.

Comment

Since watching the video I don't understand why he isn't getting more basketball attention. The only draw back that is obvious is his height and not being a true point guard.
            In the fast lane

Comment

This kid is sick I dont see him sitting one second behind hatch no matter what his height is

Comment

Originally posted by kpi03
                This kid is sick I dont see him sitting one second behind hatch no matter what his height is
                Based on all the times you've seen Hatch play, or all the times you've seen Wright play? Or both? I've never seen either one of them play, so I couldn't tell you who's better. Well, I could, but then I'd just be talking out of my arse?

He does look pretty good in the video...does Hatch have a video?
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Everybody looks good in their highlight video. That's why they call it that. It is intended to highlight their best and of course, the not so good stuff gets introduced to the edit button. I'm not saying KW isn't a player. There isn't any question about it and obviously is very athletic. But there are a LOT of players out there and CGM and staff are taking a look at a number of prospects. Try a bit of patience right now and let them do their job. 8)
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

ShockRef with a dose of reality :D

I've liked what I've heard on this kid, but I'm not going to go out and say he's a must have. I don't know that much about him. But I can say I'm definately interested and wouldn't be upset if we end up going this route. However, if Marshall goes another direction I have faith that he's finding someone better.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                      Everybody looks good in their highlight video. That's why they call it that. It is intended to highlight their best and of course, the not so good stuff gets introduced to the edit button. I'm not saying KW isn't a player. There isn't any question about it and obviously is very athletic. But there are a LOT of players out there and CGM and staff are taking a look at a number of prospects. Try a bit of patience right now and let them do their job. 8)
                      You should see my highlight video from high school football. There's the one where I'm on the sideline and almost drop my Gatorade, but then catch it. There's the one where I'm standing on the sideline cheering. Who can forget the highlight of me standing on the sideline looking up at the moths swarming around the lights? Anyway, Florida State, Nebraska, USC all came calling...other players.

Comment

I dont know what is considered must have but he is a game changer and a steal and an atheletic freak with a jumper

Comment

I consider him a 'Must have'. Yes, I know it was his 3 highlight videos, but I am sure Michael Jordan's highlights looked pretty good too .... :yahoo:

He looks to be an 'Extraordinary Athlete' with a feel and sense of the game, and he makes things happen. Let me ask you, what's not to like?

He looks to be a very exciting player to watch, and I want him to be a Shocker.

Comment

I dont know what is considered must have but he is a game changer and a steal and an atheletic freak with a jumper
                            What game did he change that you saw?
                            Originally posted by Snapshot9
                            I consider him a 'Must have'. Yes, I know it was his 3 highlight videos, but I am sure Michael Jordan's highlights looked pretty good too ....

He looks to be an 'Extraordinary Athlete' with a feel and sense of the game, and he makes things happen. Let me ask you, what's not to like?

You know who else had an exciting highlight video? Shawn Bradley.

Look, my point is not that this kid is not the bomb. He might be. My point is its ridiculous to call him a steal, a game changer, or a must have unless you've seen him play in at least one whole game. I'm the last one to get on board with the "trust the coach" train, but when it comes to recruiting I'll trust the coaches. If he's the bomb, they're trying to recruit him. If the coaches then say he's the bomb, I'll believe them. If he goes out and plays for the Shocks and is the bomb, I'll be convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                              What game did he change that you saw?
                              Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              I consider him a 'Must have'. Yes, I know it was his 3 highlight videos, but I am sure Michael Jordan's highlights looked pretty good too ....

You know who else had an exciting highlight video? Shawn Bradley.

Look, my point is not that this kid is not the bomb. He might be. My point is its ridiculous to call him a steal, a game changer, or a must have unless you've seen him play in at least one whole game. I'm the last one to get on board with the "trust the coach" train, but when it comes to recruiting I'll trust the coaches. If he's the bomb, they're trying to recruit him. If the coaches then say he's the bomb, I'll believe them. If he goes out and plays for the Shocks and is the bomb, I'll be convinced.
                              Well said BOBB! :good:
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I got to go with Badass on this.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X