No announcement yet.

David Kyles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you want to make a snap decision and not research and see what others offer? I want Cyphers as much as anybody but if I had multiple job offers I'd take time to see which one offered the best fit for me. This is a huge decision for all of these kids. We often complain about the ones that take one visit and accept without seeing what others (WSU) has to offer. This is what we get with recruiting and I understand how anxious, or whatever, everyone gets. We all know which guys we want over others or where they are in our own little pecking order and want to have the class finished as soon as possible so we can dream. I'm as guilty as anyone else.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. But if this kid verbals during his visit, Cypher's skollie is gone. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

I agree. And that is what worries me a bit. If I got to choose I'd go with Jordan. But at the same time, I've liked this kid for quite a while as well. It would be kinda bittersweet in a way.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

After looking more into this kid i would say getting him would not be bad and maybe we can get both cyphers and kyles cause more than likely i think we will sign 4 or 5 maybe

Comment

Please explain to me how you come up with more than 3 scholorships

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
              Please explain to me how you come up with more than 3 scholorships
              Given the last few years there is no guarantee that every player will return. A transfer or two would not be surprising to me.

Back to the topic - Have any of you seen Kyles play? Who's to say he's not a better fit for the program than Cyphers? If GM and his staff decide to go with Kyles (another 3* guard) I would assume they believe him to be a better player and/or fit for this team.

I would love to have talented local players, but there are a lot of distractions for local players as well.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

1) We still have 2 schollie's left and say we use both on kyles and cyphers there are the 2 schollies left that are now used.
                2) The extra one comes if Gal ends up leaving. Or if a player transfers or doesn't make grades "arbry" the following year. Hopefully arbry is still doin good im just sayin he is the one that worries me most on grades.

Comment

All I know is that it always seems to work out doesn't it?

(In reference to how many players are using scholarships in relation to the ones we're allotted.)

What I'm getting at is that Coach Marshall wouldn't be offering scholarships to players if he wasn't using the assumption that they're there to offer.

So, either, he's got some insight on the Cyphers issue, or doesn't have another 7'0"er ready to sign, or a current player may not be back.

There's probably going to be some more turnover on the roster between now and the '08 campaign, as Marshall develops his own program.

Comment

With Cyphers possibly verballing to Utah, going after Kyles makes much more sense.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

Cyphers going to Utah, is that right Utah. Man, I think he made his decision based on the wrong things from the way it sounded.

Too much frosting and not enough cake can leave you with a bellyache.

Comment

Texas Hoops now ranks Kyles #9.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

He's supposed to be on campus this weekend correct?

I'm sure I could look it up but I gotta go in a few.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I haven't looked at this week's visits yet, but he mentioned a week ago of possibly visiting the next weekend.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

So out of curiosity, what kind of stars does the #9 player in Texas have?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                                So out of curiosity, what kind of stars does the #9 player in Texas have?
                                big ones! :D
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X