Clear All

• Originally posted by wushock
    You have no idea Sub that he is better than Randy
    And you have no idea that he isn't...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'd be the first to admit I didn't know hardly anything about Kyles. His 17.6 ppg looks to be over about 27 games, so that is darn good.

But, I also noted, he was not on the rebound, assist, or 3's top list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
        I'd be the first to admit I didn't know hardly anything about Kyles. His 17.6 ppg looks to be over about 27 games, so that is darn good.

But, I also noted, he was not on the rebound, assist, or 3's top list.
        I'm not sure that Kimball keeps as extensive records of stats as some of the schools on that list. Some of the schools look like every guy has every stat recorded. At Kimball it looks more like they only report the top couple of guys from their school in each stat area (I could be wrong though).
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• One thing is for sure... Randy Burns could not high jump 6'8'' like David Kyles. That is athleticism... :yahoo:

Source: Coach Marshall on 1410 AM.
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth007
            One thing is for sure... Randy Burns could not high jump 6'8'' like David Kyles. That is athleticism... :yahoo:

6'8" was his first attempt at high jump ever. Im sure he improved on that quite a bit. Form is everything in highjump and I'm sure once he got the form down he improved that by quite a bit. marshall also said he runs sprints and sprint relays. Id expect he may also long jump and triple jump from time to time.

Comment

• You gotta remember all 5 starters are going D-1. That'll water down some stats.........

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s
                Originally posted by Smooth007
                One thing is for sure... Randy Burns could not high jump 6'8'' like David Kyles. That is athleticism... :yahoo:

6'8" was his first attempt at high jump ever. Im sure he improved on that quite a bit. Form is everything in highjump and I'm sure once he got the form down he improved that by quite a bit. marshall also said he runs sprints and sprint relays. Id expect he may also long jump and triple jump from time to time.
                I expect nothing less than a free throw line dunk at some point in his career here then.

Comment

• Kyles

I attended the Dallas Kimball game tonight, which was part of a big tournament in Houston this weekend. The game after the DK game, featured New Orleans Helen Cox, home of the nations #1 player Greg Monroe. I didn't stick around for the game, but they looked like an NBA team.

Back to the Kimball vs. Alief Hastings. Kimball won 54-50 in a pretty sloppy game overall. David had maybe 3-5 points and wasn't very involved in the game the 1st half. Hard to evaluate a player after one game, but he seems to fit someone's earlier description of an "Acie Law" type player - definitely not Randy Burns. David seemed very athletic and was the guy with the ball in his hands most of the time toward the end when the game was on the line. He is good one-on-one, but didn't show much in terms of shooting since he didn't really shoot much. He played the 2 and 3 mostly but also brought the ball down the court some toward the end of the game. Don't expect this guy to light the world on fire when he gets to WSU. I'm sure coach is recuruiting guys for his system - long athletes that can take care of the ball - that's what this kid seemed like to me. If anyone has any specific questions, fire away.

Comment

• Re: Kyles

Originally posted by Dan
                    I attended the Dallas Kimball game tonight, which was part of a big tournament in Houston this weekend. The game after the DK game, featured New Orleans Helen Cox, home of the nations #1 player Greg Monroe. I didn't stick around for the game, but they looked like an NBA team.

Back to the Kimball vs. Alief Hastings. Kimball won 54-50 in a pretty sloppy game overall. David had maybe 3-5 points and wasn't very involved in the game the 1st half. Hard to evaluate a player after one game, but he seems to fit someone's earlier description of an "Acie Law" type player - definitely not Randy Burns. David seemed very athletic and was the guy with the ball in his hands most of the time toward the end when the game was on the line. He is good one-on-one, but didn't show much in terms of shooting since he didn't really shoot much. He played the 2 and 3 mostly but also brought the ball down the court some toward the end of the game. Don't expect this guy to light the world on fire when he gets to WSU. I'm sure coach is recuruiting guys for his system - long athletes that can take care of the ball - that's what this kid seemed like to me. If anyone has any specific questions, fire away.
                    thanks for the report

Comment

• News about Football football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball.

News about Football football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball and softball.

David Kyles is #24 in the videos, he's wearing black in the first and white in the second

Comment

• Who in the world is #11?

He has a bit of range.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          Who in the world is #11?

He has a bit of range.
                          London "Cotton" Giles, I would guess.

He's the Nevada recruit.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• #11 was on fire.

Comment

• Not that it's news, but the man has ups

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X