Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the hilites where he particularly destroys Mustangs and Huskies.
    Gonna be a tough load to ....
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Watch Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Omaha Central High School - Omaha Central Boys Basketball / C, PF / Class of 2017 / Omaha, NE

Comment

• duplicate post
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 29, 2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          No, this is the Eric Hamilton plan.
          And the Hamilton plan was a perfectly good one as a way to give the player an additional chance to mature and become familiar with the WSU program. It happened not to work so well with Hamilton himself, who appeared to have systemic challenges that prevented him from fully using his considerable raw talent effectively for WSU. (Best of luck to Eric in his new home.) But it might work fine for someone else.

As for the Hamilton plan, who knows when it will be employed again -- Chandler? Or someone else? Either way, the key is ensuring that the player sticks with WSU if he does indeed take a Sunrise hiatus to polish up for his arrival with the Shokcs.
          Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 29, 2017, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            who appeared to have systemic challenges that prevented him from fully using his considerable raw talent effectively for WSU.
            Now that is some very considerate and polite prose.

Comment

• Thanks, Top -- As my wife (still) reminds me, if you can't say something nice...

Besides, from all indications, Eric is a good guy, and he did have plenty of raw talent.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• KWCH didn't go with the Sunrise story. It wasn't on the sports news and isn't on their website. I don't think the story has any legs. One tweet from Kunkel is the only source, and even his own station won't let him go on the air with it.

I'm calling BS on the Sunrise story.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The question is, does parking Poor Bear at Sunshine prepare him as well as red shirting him (if we need to) at WSU, and letting him bang heads everyday with or Div 1 Bigs?

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                      The question is, does parking Poor Bear at Sunshine prepare him as well as red shirting him (if we need to) at WSU, and letting him bang heads everyday with or Div 1 Bigs?
                      Saves us a scholarship for this year, but he would get better practice probably red shirting. You also open up someone coming in and signing him as he has no legal obligation once going to Sunrise.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        The question is, does parking Poor Bear at Sunshine prepare him as well as red shirting him (if we need to) at WSU, and letting him bang heads everyday with or Div 1 Bigs?
                        This is the more practical scenario.

Comment

• The more I look at Chandler and learn more from more sources, the more questions I've had that get answered. I'm liking him better the more I dig. People, other than his HS coaches, say he has good foot speed and runs the court well. I'm still skeptical of his vertical and conditioning, but working with Rosenboom to resolve the possible conditioning issue might also resolve the vertical issue, if it exists.

Sometimes big guys in HS don't jump real hard or high because they don't have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            The more I look at Chandler and learn more from more sources, the more questions I've had that get answered. I'm liking him better the more I dig. People, other than his HS coaches, say he has good foot speed and runs the court well. I'm still skeptical of his vertical and conditioning, but working with Rosenboom to resolve the possible conditioning issue might also resolve the vertical issue, if it exists.

Sometimes big guys in HS don't jump real hard or high because they don't have to.
                            His vertical is plenty big enough to dunk it a lot. It is by no means exceptional by D-I standards in the videos I've seen. It might also be the reason his second jump was quick (less distance to travel).
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• What I liked, in the films I saw, was when he got the ball inside and in traffic, he almost never put the ball on the floor. He got in position well by using his body and did not have to move toward the basket (except to jump). The one time I did see him put the ball on the floor, it was when someone threw him a bit of an errant pass and he needed to put the ball on the floor once he corralled it.

And I agree with wufan's observation. I think everyone agrees he didn't look like he had the biggest ups in the world, but when looking at his highlights, he really didn't need to jump that high. Probably would have been real nice to see highlights of him going after rebounds. That might have told us more about his leaping ability.

Comment

• The problem I see with the vertical he showed in the videos is that he's going to get his dunks blocked in the American with the release point he showed. The Valley didn't have many shot blockers or rim protecters. That will change in the American.

Comment

Working...
                                X