No announcement yet.

Tyler Brown 6'0 G 2018 Valley Center to Hutch CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I want to make a less frivolous post.

I hope visitors here, particularly Tyler's friends and family, understand that we have a lot of people who have been sharing jabs, barbs, compliments, insults, and arguments for years. New posters are sometimes put off by the insults we throw around. We're not shy in sharing our opinions.

Here's the straight up honest opinion of Tyler's status and some backup for my opinion.

1. Tyler is not at the level to be recruited by WSU at this time. If he were, he would already be in the recruiting process and national recruiting services would be picking that up and reporting it. we would know.

2. This does not mean Tyler will not move into that category next year, or even over the summer if he has a breakout AAU season.

3. I'm confident that if Tyler wants to take an unofficial visit (or visits) to WSU, he can sit behind the bench and join the players in the locker room maybe a couple of times next year.

4. If Tyler is quick enough to be a practice player on defense, he could be a candidate as a preferred walkon. He might want to take the Brett Barney route. Walkon for a year as a redshirt to see if he fits. If not, he would still have 4 years of eligibility if he transferred to a lower division or a JuCo.

5. The posters here have seen many players bragged about who haven't proven to be 1/10 of what their supporters claimed. We are skeptical of any claims that appear to have a hint of exaggeration.

6. We try to discourage posters making great claims about players when we don't have a chance to see for ourslves what they can do. Even then, if it's just a highlight film, there can be skepticism.

7. The only poster here who's seen multiple games by Tyler thinks that Tyler could be a D2 (Emporia State, Newman, etc.) prospect.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Tyler did make the Eagle's All-Metro team, although Matt Pile (6'8", 240 post out of Goddard) was MVP of the league Tyler plays in.
          As a wise man once said - "POLITICS !!!!!!! NUMBERS DON'T LIE !!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxShox18 View Post
            There is no "ball-hog". Valley Center can't even get the ball across half court without him on the floor.

Berry doesn't have an "all around game". Keep trolling on this site while you sit on your computer and comment about players and a game you clearly have NO clue on...

Tyler Brown has "more game" than anyone in this area has. He simply can't be guarded as he has proven for 3 years now.
            And that's all he has. He can't guard anyone. I think your time would be better spent along a freeway exit somewhere in Wichita with a homemade sign saying "TELL GREG MARSHALL TO OFFER TYLER PURPLE NOW!!!"

Heck, some confused driver might even give you a couple of bucks (to help pay for the sign) if you put up a coffee can.

Comment

Ok. I don't defend a few people who try to make a player more than he is. I get the feeling that there are a few people who are butt hurt by how players they know at VC have been slighted by a player and supporters they deem overrated. However, your argument, however noble can grow tired and overbearing. As a local person who has no stake either way, I would ask if we now let up. We may have a family who support the Shockers and local teams and. Perhaps Tyler would have liked to be a Shocker and good for him. So let's give him a break now after skewering him for a good while.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Ok. I don't defend a few people who try to make a player more than he is. I get the feeling that there are a few people who are butt hurt by how players they know at VC have been slighted by a player and supporters they deem overrated. However, your argument, however noble can grow tired and overbearing. As a local person who has no stake either way, I would ask if we now let up. We may have a family who support the Shockers and local teams and. Perhaps Tyler would have liked to be a Shocker and good for him. So let's give him a break now after skewering him for a good while.
                Tyler can STILL be a Shocker if he wants to be. Perhaps he will improve enough to become a preferred walk-on, as some have suggested, perhaps he can do what I did, live at home and attend our University (Note I did not play basketball) AND walk on. And by some small sliver of hope, if he works very hard during the off-season on his weaknesses, he might blow up during the summer.

The problem is there are a couple of posters here who think he's all that and a bag of chips. Right now, he's more like the Unwich wrapping at Jimmy Johns and no potato chips OR drink, either.

He has way more athletic ability than me (unless we're on bicycles). What his supporters need to do is quit disrespecting other posters and potential recruits. And quit insulting those who disagree with the rosy assessments they're tendering. Unless they're trolling the board, in which case neither of us know about his family, who he supports or any related matter.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  Tyler can STILL be a Shocker if he wants to be. Perhaps he will improve enough to become a preferred walk-on, as some have suggested, perhaps he can do what I did, live at home and attend our University (Note I did not play basketball) AND walk on. And by some small sliver of hope, if he works very hard during the off-season on his weaknesses, he might blow up during the summer.

The problem is there are a couple of posters here who think he's all that and a bag of chips. Right now, he's more like the Unwich wrapping at Jimmy Johns and no potato chips OR drink, either.

He has way more athletic ability than me (unless we're on bicycles). What his supporters need to do is quit disrespecting other posters and potential recruits. And quit insulting those who disagree with the rosy assessments they're tendering. Unless they're trolling the board, in which case neither of us know about his family, who he supports or any related matter.
                  I understand what you are saying and am not in disagreement. However, this has been going on for a week or more and there has been no rebuttal with your points. It has become about "beating the proverbial dead horse".

Comment

The Zach Bush led Goddard teams were REALLY good. Wasn't he all league with Evan, Conner, Perry, and that other kid that went to MSU?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      The Zach Bush led Goddard teams were REALLY good. Wasn't he all league with Evan, Conner, Perry, and that other kid that went to MSU?
                      Thurman?
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        I understand what you are saying and am not in disagreement. However, this has been going on for a week or more and there has been no rebuttal with your points. It has become about "beating the proverbial dead horse".
                        Why am I being singled out? Don't you have something else better to do? Note, if you don't like it, you can simply ignore it.

Comment

• Intent was not to make you feel singled out.

Comment

• I feel bad for Tyler. I wish him all the best. I think he's a really good player who will have success wherever he chooses to go.

I just think he needs a new agent... or a new tone coming from his current agents. His current representation is making him look bad. That's all.

Comment

• From some one that has watched High School Basketball for more than 40 years and broadcast Hutch High games.

Rusty Hilst said on twitter - January 27th of this year. https://twitter.com/rhilst/status/825205918937837569

Tyler Brown is the best high school player I've seen in quite a while. Double-teamed all night by Hutch, he had 42 pts and 11 assists.

Teacher at Hutch High for 51 years, sportscaster for 48 years, and golf tournament administrator since 1976. From someone that has seen him play and knows a few other players over the decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxShox18 View Post
                                From some one that has watched High School Basketball for more than 40 years and broadcast Hutch High games.

Rusty Hilst said on twitter - January 27th of this year. https://twitter.com/rhilst/status/825205918937837569

Tyler Brown is the best high school player I've seen in quite a while. Double-teamed all night by Hutch, he had 42 pts and 11 assists.

Teacher at Hutch High for 51 years, sportscaster for 48 years, and golf tournament administrator since 1976. From someone that has seen him play and knows a few other players over the decades.
                                Excellent post!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X