No announcement yet.

Tyler Brown 6'0 G 2018 Valley Center to Hutch CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

47 points for Valley Center last night in a 90-74 loss to Eisenhower. 3 players combined to score all of VC's 74 points. Dylan Vincent (Eisenhower) is another player to watch. 6'2 junior is averaging 24 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds per game.

Comment

Has had 2 teammates quit in the last week because they are tired of playing with him and an offense centered entirely around him. Even in a blowout he plays until the last minute running up numbers so his 47 can be deceiving. I wish him great success. Just don't think it will be at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
        Has had 2 teammates quit in the last week because they are tired of playing with him and an offense centered entirely around him. Even in a blowout he plays until the last minute running up numbers so his 47 can be deceiving. I wish him great success. Just don't think it will be at this level.
        I'm not faulting the two kids but didn't they know what they were getting into based on the last couple of years?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          I'm not faulting the two kids but didn't they know what they were getting into based on the last couple of years?
          I would have thought so as well. One person told me his attitude had gotten worse which maybe made it harder to deal with. I just hear a lot of unhappy people around town with the situation.

Comment

From the sound of things, let's check his attitude again in a few years - after he goes JuCo waiting for the blue blood programs to come calling and then ends up at Friends scoring about 8 ppg.

It's entirely possible for guys from smaller schools to be successful in D1. There's reaves (6'5"), Baker (6'4", and up at KSU, Dean Wade (6'8").

Could there be hope for him up at Evansville, since apparently he's already playing a version of Marty ball? There was Colt Ryan (6'5") and D.J. Balentine (6'2" - hey! 6'2" - maybe there is hope). If Brown is listed by Valley Center as being 6'0", any one want to make a little bet whether he's actually taller than 5'10"?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

A lot of bad information out there! He is 6' no shoes. Won the dunk contest and the 3pt contest this year 2017 in Valley Tournament.

The (2) kids that left the team (Seniors) with NO SKILL SET and were not basketball players. They had bad attitudes and did not make the team better. After they left the team the team improved significantly.

As to the "JUCO, etc". There are 2 kids in this state (Juniors) that are the best players in the STATE. Those 2 are Tyler and Israel Barnes at Southeast. They play different positions obviously but Tyler is as cold a player as there is. The numbers speak for themselves. Career Avg's. 3pt% 35%, FT 85%.

When he can put 40pts on the top basketball organization in the Midwest in the St. Louis Eagles during the summer with Division 1 talent across the board he can play anywhere.
              When you have the target on your back and every team is gunning for you or trying to stop you with 2, 3 guys and your still putting up those type of numbers and hitting those %, you got game. There is not a single PG in the Midwest with skill set, basketball IQ or toughness he possess.

Comment

My little brother is by far the best player in Kansas. No doubt. He may play for a crappy school but just remember that he put up 47 points on the No. 1 team in 5a basketball in this state. You guys must not realize how hard it is to put up those type of numbers on a daily basis. My brother is not a selfish player and his attitude is far from what you guys are stating. I think y'all need to check your facts and start talking to the right people because youre obviously just listening to the haters out there in valley center.

Comment

Well at least we know these last two posters are completely objective.

Seriously, these two offered possibly the hottest combined takes in a first post on SN. Kudos.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The numbers speak for themselves. With all popularity, not all is good. Tyler has done everything he could possibly do for that program and he is the farthest thing from selfish. He is still averaging 5.3 assists per game on a team with no skill players at all.

Comment

Comment

Got to know a little something about the game. There is a reason that a handful of players have gone over 50pts in a High School game in the last 30 years in Kansas. It's extremely rare. Kansas record is 69 set in 1966. This just doesn't happen by chance....

Summer time will finally get some single coverage's defensively and better players around him!

Tyler still has way better % than Barnes. http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/bask...at-leaders.htm

Nationally he is ranked as well. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tyle...htm#year=16-17

Comment

Didn't realize Tyler's brother and either his dad or another brother signed up for SN today.

Comment

Maybe a summer coach?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxShox18 View Post
                              Got to know a little something about the game. There is a reason that a handful of players have gone over 50pts in a High School game in the last 30 years in Kansas. It's extremely rare. Kansas record is 69 set in 1966. This just doesn't happen by chance....

Summer time will finally get some single coverage's defensively and better players around him!

Tyler still has way better % than Barnes. http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/bask...at-leaders.htm

Nationally he is ranked as well. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/tyle...htm#year=16-17
                              Welcome to SN.

Has WSU been recruiting or at least been in contact with Tyler?
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Tyler is definitely 6'0". I understand why you would think it's deceiving that he isn't that tall. A lot of teams add height to their roster nowadays. Before you start throwing trash on the internet "shox1979", you should now that the two players who quit were both because of irrelevant circumstances. One player is more focused on track and decided to quit due to him wanting to get ready for track season. The other kid quit because of playing time. Both kids quit due to very common situations that happen all of the time and NOT because Tyler is selfish or has an attitude. Know your facts before you start spewing your trash all over the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X