No announcement yet.

Samajae Haynes-Jones guard - SIGNED NLI - Officially a SHOCKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is ShockerHoops.net article on Haynes-Jones signing. Got a highlight clip from back at East, and his stat intro from East. Will have another article up shortly with more in depth analysis on him.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

the talented wichita kid wants to play for wichita state. i'm sure some of the newer shocker fans can't quite grasp that one.

he's coming on to a very, very good team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        the talented wichita kid wants to play for wichita state. i'm sure some of the newer shocker fans can't quite grasp that one.

he's coming on to a very, very good team next year.
        He will also be coming on to a team with a lot of PG's. 4, by my count. Makes you go...hmmm.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

CF and DS will be seniors.

Comment

With the signing of Miitgard, it's possible somebody isn't going to be a Sr next year. Unless Frankamp becomes Wessel v2.0 and gives up his scholarship, 'cause he's a local kid with in-state rates.

4-deep at PG next year seems like a logical place to start looking for Miitgard's schollie. Frankamp could move back to SG, which would start a domino effect that could reach front court players.

The only 2 So front court players on the roster are Hamilton and McDuffie. The ripple effect from having an excess of PG's doesn't seem likely to affect front court players, unless Marshall has some front court first-year impact players lined up for 2018.

Comment

Frankamp or Morris could graduate and leave.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                He will also be coming on to a team with a lot of PG's. 4, by my count. Makes you go...hmmm.
                "You can never have too many point guards."

-Gregg Marshall
                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Frankamp is on a scholarship?

Comment

Seems like an odd signing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                      Frankamp is on a scholarship?
                      Yes I believe so.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Samajae's first Jayhawk Conference game of the year is in the books. 22 points (3/6 from three; 5-5 from the line), 4 rebounds in a 95-87 road win over Seward. Full video below.

I would note that, so far, Samajae is statistically more of a two-guard for Hutch. He's only averaging 2.4 assists per game, third on the team, despite playing the second-most minutes. I think at least, you would have to consider him a combo guard instead of a pure point.

Last edited by Wuzee; November 14, 2016, 12:57 PM.
                        “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Put this kid on the Baker plan. Let Frankamp and Smith graduate, get out of his way, and give him two years of playing time.

Comment

Another former HCC point guard - Kadeem Allen - redshirted his first year at Arizona and is now their starting PG as a senior, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Put this kid on the Baker plan. Let Frankamp and Smith graduate, get out of his way, and give him two years of playing time.
                              Good plan! Samajae and Reaves could drive opponents nuts. The scout on them would be radically different.

The way college ball is officiated now, I've started to hink in terms of a 2-deep roster at every position. You can't have 1 guy and a backup, you've got to have two guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Good plan! Samajae and Reaves could drive opponents nuts. The scout on them would be radically different.

The way college ball is officiated now, I've started to hink in terms of a 2-deep roster at every position. You can't have 1 guy and a backup, you've got to have two guys.
                                ^^^^. This
                                Redshirt makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X