No announcement yet.

Samajae Haynes-Jones guard - SIGNED NLI - Officially a SHOCKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redshirt won't change the scholarship issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
      Redshirt won't change the scholarship issue.
      Somebody is either paying their own way or someone is leaving the team. Someone leaves the team almost every year, so that's the most likely. We have 10 guys who are seeing decent PT.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We better get someone onto HCGM's staff who can count

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          We better get someone onto HCGM's staff who can count
          He shaves 365 days of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
            Sometimes 366.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
              Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
              Sometimes 366.
              ... and "sometimes" it's OK to take a day off... :)

00:30

Conner Frankamp was the leading all-time scorer in Wichita city-league history. When he decided to return to Wichita for college hoops, his success took time.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Nobody remembers the Baker plan?

Comment

I remember it, pin, and it's obviously a possible way to deal with the scholarships question. It even makes some sense in the Samajae is in-state and could probably just live at home and have fewer expenses to deal with than most college students do.

Obviously, no one knows, so it's all just typical SN speculation -- but given its plausibility and the amount of speculation we usually have about 13 vs. 14, I'm surprised there haven't been more posts along those lines. Still, as has been noted, it's only a true "Baker plan" if the idea is for Samajae to BOTH walk on and redshirt, and who knows about that combo?

Comment

Unless there's been a change in understanding, I don't think SHJ will pay his own way. Remember, he was extended an offer only after Peyton Allen transferred, opening up that scholarship for next year. I can't see HCGM rescinding that.

It's all speculation at this point, but I think there will be a transfer to make room for Great Dane.

Comment

I think days of players paying their own way are over for us. It was different when Malcolm and Ron did it. Ron didn't get offered to many D1 programs and wanted to stay close to home. Malcolm was looking for a chance and had a coaching connection. Then final four and program elevation and we are starting to recruit bigger and better recruits each year. These guys are getting other offers and want to play. Not sure they will be willing to pay on their own. Additionally, not sure we would recruit a juco point guard who we thought couldn't help us right away and that we should redshirt him.

Someone will transfer or both recruits are not here next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                        I think days of players paying their own way are over for us. It was different when Malcolm and Ron did it. Ron didn't get offered to many D1 programs and wanted to stay close to home. Malcolm was looking for a chance and had a coaching connection. Then final four and program elevation and we are starting to recruit bigger and better recruits each year. These guys are getting other offers and want to play. Not sure they will be willing to pay on their own. Additionally, not sure we would recruit a juco point guard who we thought couldn't help us right away and that we should redshirt him.

Someone will transfer or both recruits are not here next year.
                        I'm not sure I follow the logic here. With name recognition, it should be easier to get guys to pay their own way. We aren't so good that I wouldn't take another Ron Baker.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Unless there's been a change in understanding, I don't think SHJ will pay his own way. Remember, he was extended an offer only after Peyton Allen transferred, opening up that scholarship for next year. I can't see HCGM rescinding that.

It's all speculation at this point, but I think there will be a transfer to make room for Great Dane.
                          there always is. And unfortunately it's the name of the game at this level.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            I'm not sure I follow the logic here. With name recognition, it should be easier to get guys to pay their own way. We aren't so good that I wouldn't take another Ron Baker.
                            How many 1-10 players pay their own way at Duke, UNC, KU, Kentucky, or Indiana?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Brady Morningstar

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                How many 1-10 players pay their own way at Duke, UNC, KU, Kentucky, or Indiana?
                                Basically none, but those folks didn't recruit Baker either.

My point is that if we used this as a tool to recruit the diamonds in the rough, we will continue to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X