Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Brady Morningstar
    I believe it was actually Brady's father :)

Unless all the monies were going here: http://www.searchingforbillyedelin.c...ball-drug-ring

Comment

Don't forget Kadeem Coleby also paid his way his transfer year

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Basically none, but those folks didn't recruit Baker either.

My point is that if we used this as a tool to recruit the diamonds in the rough, we will continue to do so.
        Nobody expected Baker to do what he did. He was given a chance just like JRS, Malone, and any other preferred walkon.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          Nobody expected Baker to do what he did. He was given a chance just like JRS, Malone, and any other preferred walkon.
          This is just blatantly false. HCGM told him he'd have a scholarship after one year. JRS and Malone weren't given that treatment.

HCGM works magic with the number of scholarships and spots he has available. He may or may not utilize "pay your own way for a year" as a recruiting method again, but it's not because we're too big time.

I'm blown away that you think Baker wouldn't have ended up on the team if he were an incoming freshman this year because we're too big time.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Unless there's been a change in understanding, I don't think SHJ will pay his own way. Remember, he was extended an offer only after Peyton Allen transferred, opening up that scholarship for next year. I can't see HCGM rescinding that.

It's all speculation at this point, but I think there will be a transfer to make room for Great Dane.
            Seems as i recall he signed a "conditional" schlorship. Might be if one was available. Then subsequently the Great Dane signed. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              This is just blatantly false. HCGM told him he'd have a scholarship after one year. JRS and Malone weren't given that treatment.

HCGM works magic with the number of scholarships and spots he has available. He may or may not utilize "pay your own way for a year" as a recruiting method again, but it's not because we're too big time.

I'm blown away that you think Baker wouldn't have ended up on the team if he were an incoming freshman this year because we're too big time.
              He was given the same treatment as everyone on the team without a scholie. If you dont have one, you have to earn one. Baker had to earn his same as everyone else.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Wrong
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  He was given the same treatment as everyone on the team without a scholie. If you dont have one, you have to earn one. Baker had to earn his same as everyone else.
                  Incorrect. We were without a scholarship to give and Marshall said he wanted him and suggested he go to prep school or JUCO for one year. The Baker parents suggested that if they pay for year one that HCGM pay for years 2-5. Marshall agrees.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Wufan is correct. The coaches knew he was a scholarship player and they worked out and arrangement that worked for everyone. Guys like Simon, Bush, etc., are "invited walk-ones". They know what they are getting, which is a chance to walk-on and be a part of the team. There is no expectations of earning a scholarship by these guys.

Comment

• Watched SHJ play at a Shocker High School summer camp a few years ago. Out of the crowd of players he easily caught my eye when the scrimmages began. Being the kind of FSF I am, my inquiries resulted in learning he was a player at East High.

He did great in the scrimmages, was quick, could score, and seemed to really have a nose for the ball. The fact that he really wants to be a Shocker as a former local star is awesome. I will be following his Juco Season and looking forward to him playing here in the future.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Watched SHJ play at a Shocker High School summer camp a few years ago. Out of the crowd of players he easily caught my eye when the scrimmages began. Being the kind of FSF I am, my inquiries resulted in learning he was a player at East High.

He did great in the scrimmages, was quick, could score, and seemed to really have a nose for the ball. The fact that he really wants to be a Shocker as a former local star is awesome. I will be following his Juco Season and looking forward to him playing here in the future.
                        Name Samajae
                        G/GS 6 - 6
                        FG 28 - 63
                        FG% 44.4
                        3Pt 13 - 28
                        3Pt% 46.4
                        FT 14 - 15
                        FT% 93.3
                        PTS 83
                        Avg 13.8
                        P/S 1.19
                        ORB 3
                        DRB 14
                        TR 17
                        Avg 2.83
                        PF 8
                        AST 14
                        TO 7
                        BS 0
                        ST 5
                        DA 0
                        MIN 158
                        MN/GM 26.3
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          Wrong
                          Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Incorrect. We were without a scholarship to give and Marshall said he wanted him and suggested he go to prep school or JUCO for one year. The Baker parents suggested that if they pay for year one that HCGM pay for years 2-5. Marshall agrees.
                          Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Wufan is correct. The coaches knew he was a scholarship player and they worked out and arrangement that worked for everyone. Guys like Simon, Bush, etc., are "invited walk-ones". They know what they are getting, which is a chance to walk-on and be a part of the team. There is no expectations of earning a scholarship by these guys.

At this point I'm just going to save face and just say that everyone has to earn their scholarship every day when you play for Marshall. Then we are all right.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            Name Samajae
                            G/GS 6 - 6
                            FG 28 - 63
                            FG% 44.4
                            3Pt 13 - 28
                            3Pt% 46.4
                            FT 14 - 15
                            FT% 93.3
                            PTS 83
                            Avg 13.8
                            P/S 1.19
                            ORB 3
                            DRB 14
                            TR 17
                            Avg 2.83
                            PF 8
                            AST 14
                            TO 7
                            BS 0
                            ST 5
                            DA 0
                            MIN 158
                            MN/GM 26.3
                            The free-throw % of 93.3 and 14-15 is kewl. I can live with the 46.4% on 3-pt. % as well.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Like all the stats & anticipate the 2 pt shooting percentage to improve throughout the year. He is a very good sharp shooter.

Comment

• Samajae led all scorers with 25 points in HCC's 88-74 win at Coffeyville last night. Also had 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Working...
                                X