No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson 6'4" CG 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any relation to Craig? He was a solid player for the shocks back in the day. Not half bad as an announcer either.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Any relation to Craig? He was a solid player for the shocks back in the day. Not half bad as an announcer either.
      Uh....it's not even 8 am. Are you still drunk from last night?

Comment

Stevie

@ej_stevenson5

Most common question I get: "Why Wichita State?"Response: "Who wouldn't want to win?" S I M P L E

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Stevie

@ej_stevenson5

Most common question I get: "Why Wichita State?"Response: "Who wouldn't want to win?" S I M P L E
          Love that reply, With that type of perspective and attitude he will fit right in!
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Question for Shocks02, Kel, Wufan, and others who closely follow recruiting.

How high (regarding recruiting rankings) do you think Stevenson will rise during his Senior year now that he's committed to the Shox? From what I've seen he is around #200 give or take right now. Will he rise to #150? Has he even been evaluated by them yet?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              Question for Shocks02, Kel, Wufan, and others who closely follow recruiting.

How high (regarding recruiting rankings) do you think Stevenson will rise during his Senior year now that he's committed to the Shox? From what I've seen he is around #200 give or take right now. Will he rise to #150? Has he even been evaluated by them yet?
              ESPN and rivals haven't evaluated him yet. Unless he has some standout performances, he is unlikely to get a bump since he isn't higher already. It works like poll mechanics, so he will really need to catch someone's eye.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Erik had 10 points in Washington Supreme's 56-65 loss to the Florida Vipers this morning. This eliminates them from the championship bracket and they'll start consolation play tomorrow. Erik was plagued with foul trouble in both halves.

Comment

Erik dropped 34 points (7-13 from 3, 13-20 from the field), 6 rebounds, 5 assists (2 turnovers) and 3 steals in Game #2 yesterday. Supreme lost 84-85 so their UAA season is over.

Comment

The next Rob Baker? Hey, where's mini?

#ChokingChickens

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Hey, where's mini?

#ChokingChickens
                      What does he or the chickens have anything to do with this??

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        http://uaa.io/boxscore.aspx?id=7Gx48...Ynvql&path=17u

Erik dropped 34 points (7-13 from 3, 13-20 from the field), 6 rebounds, 5 assists (2 turnovers) and 3 steals in Game #2 yesterday. Supreme lost 84-85 so their UAA season is over.
                        That's pretty damn salty even if he was playing against the old guys at the Y, much less UAA competition.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Sounds like he played through a dislocated pelvis for two weekends of the AAU season. Can't imagine that would be too easy - http://www.scout.com/college/lsu/sto...fer-recruiting
                          I had missed this previously, and I couldn't get into the link at this point -- how the heck do you even get a dislocated pelvis?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            I had missed this previously, and I couldn't get into the link at this point -- how the heck do you even get a dislocated pelvis?

I had one at 14

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I had one at 14
                              Was it in conjunction with carpal tunnel?

Comment

http://uaa.io/boxscore.aspx?id=7Gx48...Ynvql&path=17u

Folks like to compare Erik with Ron Baker. When Ron Baker first arrived here for summer scrimmages, I was in in awe and made sure everybody on here knew all about it. Even so, way back then, would I have made such a bold prediction that he would be making 8 million plus in the NBA here and now? Nope, but no stars like him and 4 stars like Fred Smooth are found by our coaching staff. They get here and if they really work hard and develop, such things do happen because such players develop here at 21st. and Hillside, year in and year our since 3G arrived.

Now back to Erik and his comparisons to Ron Baker. I seriously doubt Bake visited many such camps when he was in high school at Scott City, Ks. USA. if any. Thus, I have a question. When Erik arrives here next summer, will he not at least have a head start on Ron Baker? Dunno, I'm just a SN zealot and such prognostications are beyond my pay grade. Even so, our Staff right now are not signing 5 stars. However, they have an uncanny ability to find players that seem to match the Marshall Plan which results in multiple NCAA Dancing opportunities. This is so obvious I believe many foes are watching and zoning in on our recruits because we can defeat teams that sign lots of 4 and 5 star players as we Dance on into the future!!!!!!!!!!!

With this all said, I am eager to see not only Erik, but the final draft of several solid recruits we must sign with 6 Seniors and a few Shocks that may have pro options before they graduate to consider. Playing in the AAC demands that we stay on the cutting edge of shaving daily, recruiting hourly, and the end results will take care of themselves. The growing pains of our Program demand results that can't be taken for granted.

So let's just say I am excited about the here and now and the future of Shocker basketball to the max. I love good shooters in the mix that can score and dish out assists.. Is Erik another Ron Baker? Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X