Kenny Manigault - Verballed to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Manigault - Verballed to Wichita State

Ever since Kenny Manigault (debuted) a couple of years ago at the Chick-Fil-A Classic, he has been an intriguing prospect. At 6-foot-4, 185-pounds, he can play multiple positions and looks the most comfortable playing the point.

Manigault is a jack of all trades type of prospect. On Friday, he was slowed by a hand injury that he suffered in the third quarter but did enough in the blowout to show his role with the time. Keep an eye on him this spring.

The Pinewood Prep (S.C.) product said he is hearing from a wide range of schools. Georgia Tech, South Carolina, Wichita State, Winthrop, Richmond, Elon, Charleston Southern and Presbyterian are on his list and it should certainly grow after the spring period.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

if hes from the same lineage as Earl then Id say hes worth the shot.

Comment

If Wichita State were a dating prospect, we would be classified as geographically undesirable compared to the rest of those suitors....

But if anyone can land this kid against that competition, it's HCGM

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Scout now has Manigault as a 4 star, in the top 100 at number 95.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Hmm scout doesnt show any of the teams recruiting him.
          Shox-4-Life

Comment

Wichita State is apparently no longer on Manigault's list of schools showing interest. South Carolina's new head coach visited him last week, and the other schools listed are Clemson, Georgia Tech, Elon, Presbyterian, The Citadel, Charleston Southern and the College of Charleston.

Comment

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

There is still interest between WSU and Manigault. In fact, WSU will be his first visit. "I leave June 27th to visit Wichita State for their Elite camp. I am looking forward to it," Manigault said. He says WSU is one of the schools hardest on him along with South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Winthrop, Presbyterian, Richmond and Florida State.

His list of schools is very lengthy now. I'll put the rest in the recruiting summary.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Just the visit is HUGE.

Comment

Is there anyway to find out who will be at the elite camp and if outsiders can watch

Comment

Calling the Dobo should give you an answer about being able to watch. As far as I can tell it's on June 28th.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      Calling the Dobo should give you an answer about being able to watch. As far as I can tell it's on June 28th.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Getting Kenny into town is definitely a good thing.

It'd be interesting to see/know who will/may be in attendance...
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

At least this is a good sign. How many other 4 star guys have come to visit WSU? I'm guessing less than a handfull in the past 15 or more years, if even that.

So he can come on a recruting trip and attend a camp at the same time, or is it the other way around?

Comment

It's a camp so it doesn't count toward eithers visitation numbers assuming he's paying for it. This is how a lot of non seniors visit schools they're interested in.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Official visits (paid by the school) don't start until school starts for Seniors. Before that it's all unofficial (paid by the recruit) and those are unlimited.

Kenny has dropped out of the Scout 100. I'm sure he's still close and perhaps will get back in on the next update. He couldn't play in a couple of major AAU tournaments due to injury so others had a better chance to make a favorable impression.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X