Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    Originally posted by henrytheshock
    http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/jul/28/gamecocks_lead_georgia_prospects48938/

A blurb (near the bottom) from today's Post and Courier has KJ favoring us.
    :good: :D :yahoo: 8) :wsu_posters:
    :good: :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A 6'4" PG who's borderline top-100 isn't someone we're used to seeing putting WSU at the top of his list.

Marshall has some stuff to offer. While KJ was here he probably got to see Stutz, Orukpe, and Ellis. He probably heard about Blair. Add in, "if you sign, you're the only PG we're signing in your class". Add, "There's a PG 2 years ahead of you. You're going to have to beat him for PT your first 2 years". Add, "we like to play hard D and get transition baskets off that". If a PG has been watching Orukpe's D around the basket and hears that, he's got to be thinking about break-away stuffs in transition.

KJ probably got a look at Kyles and Murry and what they can do. WSU is attractive for PG's signing this fall.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Exactly he'll be a star when he gets the job full time sophmore year

Comment

Exactly he'll be a star when he gets the job full time sophmore year
          There's a PG 2 years ahead of you. You're going to have to beat him for PT your first 2 years
          As much as I am very excited about this guy potentially coming to WSU, you have to remember that he probably won't really be taking over until his Junior year. If he earns it, great, but I have a feeling Reggie won't exactly roll over and give up his leading role his Senior year. But the timing of a guy like KJ is quite impressive. He would have 2 years to develop / back up other guys (maybe even redshirt, since his freshman year we'll have 2 JUCO PGs). And then we could have 2-3 years of KJ leading the way. The building blocks are really starting to come together. If we are going to be scary good next year (and the year after), if our recruiting pace continues, we could become .... (I thought about typing it, but I don't want to jinx it, so I'll just enjoy the ride)

And I like the sound of that....

KJ! Lead the way!
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

wait....Junior year? Who's going to get the job besides him his spohmore year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
              wait....Junior year? Who's going to get the job besides him his spohmore year?
              Remember that Reggie is only a Sophomore this coming year. That means that Reggie will be a Junior KJ's freshman year and a senior KJ's sophomore year.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

maybe even redshirt
                Marshall's history at Winthrop indicates he likes to RS when he gets the chance.

Any PG that signs this year will be a Fr with a Jr. and a Sr. PG in front of him in 2009-10. That's a great setup to RS a Fr PG.

If Marshall can sign a top-100 PG and convince him that a RS year is best, I will have to give Marshall the "I'm not worthy" bow.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                  maybe even redshirt
                  Marshall's history at Winthrop indicates he likes to RS when he gets the chance.

Any PG that signs this year will be a Fr with a Jr. and a Sr. PG in front of him in 2009-10. That's a great setup to RS a Fr PG.

If Marshall can sign a top-100 PG and convince him that a RS year is best, I will have to give Marshall the "I'm not worthy" bow.
                  you haven't started bowing yet? Get with the times, man!

Comment

anybody wanna change that to "Kenny Manigault- Committed to the Shocks"
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Great news! I kinda had the feeling he was GM's first choice at the HS guard spot.

Comment

You could tell that the staff really liked this kid and it appeard the feeling was mutual at the camp. His dad (I assume that's who was with him) seemed to be impressed and enjoying his time here as well. This makes me VERY VERY HAPPY :yahoo:

Welcome to Shocker Nation KJ
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I love big PGs!!!!
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

It would be a major surprise if this kid is an RS. He is a big time player.
                            Anyone still on the fence regarding GM upgrading the talent in the program needs to jump off pronto. He just keeps reeling them in. 8)
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I bet if Coach wanted to get into the used car biz, he would run Tom Parks right outa town. SOB can sell.........

Comment

Wow, two pieces of good news regarding the Shox on the same day!! First the good news about Ramon, then we find out KJ has committed. It's a great day to be a SHOCKER!!!! :yahoo:

Comment

Working...
                                X