Kenny Manigault - Verballed to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
    There may never be another Shocker Guard with the vertical of Warren Armstrong. He is listed at 6'2" in the 2007-08 WSU basketball guide. Two things jump out at me (so to speak) on his leaping ability as a Shocker. The 1st was him out jumping a 7'0" player on a jump ball. The other was a televised game that a Shocker miss a shot. W.A. came from around the free throw line on the run, soared in the air with amazing hang time, and slammed the rock in with great force. It was amazing. What an all around awesome Shocker player Warren A. was.
    As many great memories as I had of watching Warren play, it was the memory of being across the net from him playing volley ball that sticks with me the most. When he went up about 2 stories high to spike the ball at me, I'll admit I covered up. No attempt at all to return it.

I took 2nd to his 1st in a 440 around the concourse in Phys Ed at WSU. A distant 2nd that is.

Yes, he did jump center against a 7 footer. Fellow named Alcindor in fact.

Comment

• Warren was sooo friging strong. Seems like I remember Warren actually bending a rim at Levitt on a dunk.
      The officials stopped the game to replace the rim after Jamie Thompson came down and also made a dunk .
      If you ever saw Jamie play...he was no skywalker.
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
      which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• In the fast lane

Comment

• I was at that game when Armstrong bent that rim. He really could jump out of the gym and was he ever strong!

Comment

• warren armstrong was a truly incredable gifted athlete. tropical's article states since he came from a small college he was realitivly unknown. a bigger reason for that is, i believe, he almost always started at forward for the shocks, and usually played defense against their best big man. i remember him playing heads up against all-american wes unsled playing for louisville. He dominated unsled. i know he was not a consenses all-american, but i would vote to retire his jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfshuffler
              I know he was not a consenses all-american, but I would vote to retire his jersey.

:good: :good:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU
                I agree FSF... Yikes, Stripes, Beechnut-Gum! :good:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKenR9k238
                I love that gum, I used to chew it when I was a kid. Must say it lost its flavor fast though. Lime was the best.

8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfshuffler
                  warren armstrong was a truly incredable gifted athlete. tropical's article states since he came from a small college he was realitivly unknown. a bigger reason for that is, i believe, he almost always started at forward for the shocks, and usually played defense against their best big man. i remember him playing heads up against all-american wes unsled playing for louisville. He dominated unsled. i know he was not a consenses all-american, but i would vote to retire his jersey.
                  I'm certainly with you on the jersey retirement.

Comment

• Tribute to Warren Jabali

Comment

• What's up?

Just curious, but how has a thread about Kenny Manigault left him totally behind and morphed into one about Warren Armstrong / Jabali?

Is it really that hard to click on New Topic?

Comment

• Stay up to date with all the South-carolina high school sports news, recruiting, and more at 247Sports.com

:D

:good: :good:
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Re: What's up?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                          Just curious, but how has a thread about Kenny Manigault left him totally behind and morphed into one about Warren Armstrong / Jabali?

I was wondering the same thing yesterday. Can some of this be moved to another topic?

Comment

• Re: What's up?

Originally posted by rrshock
                            Originally posted by WSUwatcher

I was wondering the same thing yesterday. Can some of this be moved to another topic?
                            No, just get it back on topic.

Kenny Manigault... you're the man! :D
                            SFL is back!

Comment

• I will say that I'm very excited to follow KJ this year and can't wait to see him back in Wichita running the offense!!!
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Actually, I see it as a major compilment to Coach Marshall and the impressive recruits he is bringing in here and also to Kenny for being compared to such solid players from the past. This Program is heading forward and I am just thankful we received Kenny's verbal early on.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X