Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
    Just courious, what is the record for most posts for a player not yet attending WSU?

Not the only thread on him, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
      Just courious, what is the record for most posts for a player not yet attending WSU?
      I have a feeling it still has a long way to go before it catches up with the Ehimen Orukpe thread...even before he arrived on campus

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        Yes. A guy like Humphries is an insurance policy at UK. He's a serviceable backup to whatever 5-star they've slotted into the starting lineup. And if they can't pull in another 5-star next year, or the year after, Isaac is there.

If he goes to Kentucky, he should change his name to Justin Case.
        Spot on Brother Royal. I'm sure what they're telling him now is "hey, you'll be practicing against better players here than you would be playing against in games somewhere else". But what they're not telling him is that by "practicing" they mean being the scout team. Which is fine if you're a walk-on, but not so much if you're a highly regarded high school prospect. No one says, "Yeah, my goals are to be a McDonald's All American, and then play on the scout team at Kentucky."

Comment

• hat tip to Shoxlax for raising my awareness of scout teams and major college basketball last week. There's a reason all these programs, including ours, have 17 or 18 kids on the roster.

Comment

• Evan Daniels is a pretty reputable source. So yeah.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Also, looks like his height has been exaggerated a bit. He's gonna have to bulk up too if he wants to earn playing time.

Attached Files

Comment

• And I thought David Copperfield had some great magic tricks. Kudos Cal, kudos.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Well shoot. Good luck to the young man. Hope we whip him and UK in the finals.

Comment

• NCAALIPARI doing work to make those extra credits work for UK. I hope Isaac ends up being their best player (I know, probably won't happen), and that we beat the living hell out of them in early April.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• maybe im a little slow or I am remembering wrong. Wasn't our problem that we couldn't get Isaac to reclassify. that the ncaa wouldn't approve his past courses. BUT now if I understand correctly Kentucky doesnt have the same problem with approval of credits from Humphries previous courses?? If im wrong (which is possible) good get for them. BUT It seems mighty shady that we couldn't close the deal but the most popular program with the second most money has no problem closing the deal with the help of the NCAA

Comment

• Somebody clue me in on the source about our inability to get him reclassified. To me it's just Shockernet talk.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Mulder and now maybe Humphires. Any chance it was Marshall that calipari was talking about in Vegas?

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            Somebody clue me in on the source about our inability to get him reclassified. To me it's just Shockernet talk.
                            I had heard the same thing, but I do believe the place I heard it was ShockerNet.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                              http://bobleesays.com/2015/08/12/joh...player-i-want/

Mulder and now maybe Humphires. Any chance it was Marshall that calipari was talking about in Vegas?
                              It's been put out there that it was Mick Cronin from Cincinnati. Don't think it was Marshall...the recruit in question has been speculated to be Anthony Davis, Marquis Teague, Tyler Ulis, or Derek Willis, none of whom (to my knowledge) we were in on.

Comment

• here is an article saying he was trying to reclassify at wsu but doesnt mention the ncaa not approving im searching for that right now

Comment

Working...
                                X