Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    http://bobleesays.com/2015/08/12/joh...player-i-want/

Mulder and now maybe Humphires. Any chance it was Marshall that calipari was talking about in Vegas?
    Has college basketball ever seen a bigger D-Bag than Cal? I used to think Larry Brown was up there, but I think Cal has surpassed him.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I can't believe Calipari fell for Marshall's ruse! Mastermind Marshall publicly goes after this kid and taunts Cal in order to sucker Cal into burning a future roster spot, so that Marshall can quietly scoop up **** in 16/17. That's a nicely executed textbook display of using a narcissist's ego aginst himself. And you Shockernetters played your rolls perfectly. Well done all! Can't wait to find out who was on Marshall's radar.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Could be that the confrontation story referred to Marshall, or maybe not Marshall but one of his assistants. But the paraphrase in the story linked by mattdalt doesn't sound like the kind of conversation Marshall would have -- I doubt that 3G is that easily silenced. Of course, it could also be someone else altogether -- Kentucky gets a lot of guys who have been heavily recruited elsewhere, and they probably don't butt heads with WSU all that often. Plus, I thought (perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly?) that Calipari and Marshall were on good terms.

But we'll see what happens. If he does end up at Kentucky and stay there, it certainly means that he'll be getting a lot less playing time than he would have in Wichita. Maybe in the end it really just means that Humphries is the Aussie Perry Ellis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I can't believe Calipari fell for Marshall's ruse! Mastermind Marshall publicly goes after this kid and taunts Cal in order to sucker Cal into burning a future roster spot, so that Marshall can quietly scoop up **** in 16/17. That's a nicely executed textbook display of using a narcissist's ego aginst himself. And you Shockernetters played your rolls perfectly. Well done all! Can't wait to find out who was on Marshall's radar.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Good luck to Mr. Case.

Comment

• Thought we had a great shot at Issac, but no worries. We always find solid players that can compete with anybody. Here is what I was just pondering. If FVV and Baker would have signed at a place like Kentucky or even Duke as Freshmen, would they have both received the playing time needed to both be considered All Americans their Senior Season? Baker and FVV sure have played solid versus Louisville, Kentucky, KU, the Zags, etc.

Finding the right fit in the correct Program to me is of essence for players. Even so, we are on better players all the time and this very signing Season will be special. Hoping we find some more players like Cle and Carl Hall inside. We have some young players already that are developing and Grady will be tough as nails also. In terms of overall guards, we have the very best group of all in the Country this Season IMO.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I can't believe Calipari fell for Marshall's ruse! Mastermind Marshall publicly goes after this kid and taunts Cal in order to sucker Cal into burning a future roster spot, so that Marshall can quietly scoop up **** in 16/17. That's a nicely executed textbook display of using a narcissist's ego aginst himself. And you Shockernetters played your rolls perfectly. Well done all! Can't wait to find out who was on Marshall's radar.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  Somebody clue me in on the source about our inability to get him reclassified. To me it's just Shockernet talk.
                  Thanks for saying the obvious. Amazing how ones imagination turns to fact.

Comment

• WSU had the inside track to both MM and IH. Cal swipes them both up only because "UK is UK"; not because it is a better situation for them (time will tell).

I guess losing recruits to UK is a nice problem to have, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      WSU had the inside track to both MM and IH. Cal swipes them both up only because "UK is UK"; not because it is a better situation for them (time will tell).

I guess losing recruits to UK is a nice problem to have, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!
                      As much as I hate to say it because these players are people, too...but the best thing that could happen for WSU recruiting would be for them to tank hard at UK, allowing Marshall to point out the obvious. Going blue blood just because they are blue can actually be a mistake for some players. Ask Frankamp.

Well, ask Frankamp if he does turn out to be a great college player. Maybe don't ask him until he has played some :)

Comment

• There's more to this story I've been told but it's irrelevant at this point

Many of you know what I'm talking about especially Doc and @kai:

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          There's more to this story I've been told but it's irrelevant at this point

Many of you know what I'm talking about especially Doc and @kai
                          Come one! Hook a brother up!

Comment

• Disappointing. By many accounts we were on the verge of getting this kid. The roof will remain unblown for now.

On a positive note I believe this shows we are not just a fashionable name to be added to top 50 recruits lists. It will happen. The roof can still be blown.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              There's more to this story I've been told but it's irrelevant at this point

Many of you know what I'm talking about especially Doc and @kai:
                              What a tease!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                Disappointing. By many accounts we were on the verge of getting this kid. The roof will remain unblown for now.

On a positive note I believe this shows we are not just a fashionable name to be added to top 50 recruits lists. It will happen. The roof can still be blown.
                                As can I.

Comment

Working...
                                X