No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning pro and signing with an agent. Maybe he's going back to Australia? Surely he's not going to be drafted.

Comment

• That's unfortunate for him. I think he's the type of player whose skills would have would have cultivated and developed with our staff better. He was nothing more than a stopgap along with Mulder for Kentucky. Hopefully these kids start to take notice that these blue blood schools aren't always the best option.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        Turning pro and signing with an agent. Maybe he's going back to Australia? Surely he's not going to be drafted.
        It's being reported that he doesn't "realistically" expect to get drafted, but will probably end up playing pro ball back home in Australia. His mom had a big influence on this is what I'm hearing....

Comment

• Weird. Build your resume for 2 years on the bench at the blue-blood school in the states all to play pro ball in the land down under. Oh well. Shoulda coulda woulda...but sounds like it worked out for him. Good for him and his family.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Glad he didn't come here.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The baseball system for athletes is far superior. Let a kid test his mettle right out of high school if they want. Some American kids are getting smart and playing overseas for a year and skipping college. Was there any reason he couldn't have played in Australia from jump? If he was NBA material there are plenty of scouts down there.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, choida. Looks like BOBB's observation way back in 2017 was right -- the Hawks found him, which of course suggests they'd also have found him if he had started out here in basketball flyover country. But then he wouldn't have seen Ashley Judd screeching at his home games, so there's that...

Good luck to him, but as others have said, I believe I prefer guys who actually want to be here.

• He might have been better off coming here. Playing time... featured...I just think some of these kids riding the pine at a blue blood is just dumb

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  it is dumb, but they all have big enough egos to think they are going to start from Day 1 and get drafted after one year. I assure you every one of our scholarship players think they are going to start as well.

• Aargh
                  Aargh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The difference is our players think they need some coaching and work to get to the NBA.

How many East Coast kids look at Baker and think, "if that unathletic white kid from Kansas can make it with the Knicks, I got to check WSU out!"

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  His stay with Atlanta was certainly brief... signed October 8, waived October 9. What the heck was that about? Sure hope he doesn't have to turn around and fly right back to Oz.

UPDATE: ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has requested waivers on Isaac Humphries, it was announced today. Humphries signed with the Hawks on Oct. 8. ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has signed forward/center Isaac Humphries, it was announced today.

• Comment

• I sure did not have that on my bingo card for today. Good thing he never played with Tim Hardaway.
                  Last edited by Kel Varnsen; November 15, 2022, 10:23 PM.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Good for him. Wish he could’ve been a Shocker.
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Otherwise known as street cred in Today's "New Normal."

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• You must be really bored.

Comment

• But he's just got to come out by putting it on social media, get pub, and tell the world about himself. We have all made a similar announcements on social media to identify as a hetro, homo, or other identifying information. It just wouldn't be enough to tell only appropriate people like family, friends, and others who have close relationships.

Comment

Working...
                            X