Kerwin Roach Jr. 15 SG 6-3 - Verbal Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Obviously your Twitter game isn't as strong as you thought it was. ;)
    @RoyalShock: you need to pick up your twitter game. This is the D1 level you're competing at.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Give me a break, I'm still red-shirting!

Comment

• I'm asking what is probably a dumb question. Why do people think that signing Taylor hurts our chances with Roach? Most of the info I've read has Taylor as a PG and Roach as a SG. Why weren't people concerned that Shamet giving us a verbal hurt our chances with Roach? Just a tad bit confused on this one.
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
          I'm asking what is probably a dumb question. Why do people think that signing Taylor hurts our chances with Roach? Most of the info I've read has Taylor as a PG and Roach as a SG. Why weren't people concerned that Shamet giving us a verbal hurt our chances with Roach? Just a tad bit confused on this one.
          Mostly a matter of how many players we are likely to sign. This signing puts us one over our scholarship limit, but given the speculation about Ron leaving early for the NBA, that opens another scholarship slot (and a guard slot to boot).

The fact that we were heavily recruiting multiple guys after signing our first two made it clear that the coaches expected to sign one over our currently scholarship limit. We will see if they appear to be looking to sign two over.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Pretty sure Evan graduates this year, so take that for what it's worth.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
              Pretty sure Evan graduates this year, so take that for what it's worth.

If Evan has indicated to the coaches that he plans to move on after graduating, that would provide a basis for signing Taylor without giving up on Roach, but it is a bit more speculative than Ron leaving for the NBA if he has a good year.

At this point that does seem like the most foreseeable source of a scholarship opening up. I won't say it is the most likely, because there is always a chance that a newcomer turns out not to be a good fit for some reason and that is the most likely reason someone would leave, but there is no way to be predicting that in the fall and it is usually the spring signing period when recruits are added to fill those holes (which obviously won't apply to Roach since he is making his decision soon).
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

@RoyalShock: you need to pick up your twitter game. This is the D1 level you're competing at.
                As we know from Marshall's predecessor, maniac, there's more than one "level" within D1.

(Having said that, I'll quickly add that I am at no level whatsoever when it comes to Twitter, and -- like Nick Saban -- I'm perfectly content to stay that way. No tweeting here.)

Comment

• I think a lot of posters are making a lot of assumptions on here about recruits that haven't played D-1 ball yet, and they don't really know how good they will be in a big game. I don't get too excited about a
                  recruit untell I see them play for real. Why is everyone so anxious for Ron to leave, who could be better than him, he is a clutch player, as is Fred, and they are great together. We have had past recruits in here that were hyped up, and they didn't play worth a darn. I just a lot of posters are starved for basketball season to begin, and some need to put their feet back on the ground about the new recruits.

Comment

I'm asking what is probably a dumb question. Why do people think that signing Taylor hurts our chances with Roach? Most of the info I've read has Taylor as a PG and Roach as a SG. Why weren't people concerned that Shamet giving us a verbal hurt our chances with Roach? Just a tad bit confused on this one.
                    Per a tweet from Kerwin's dad on September 5th, all the schools recruiting him were doing so for point guard. Since Taylor is the same size and has the similar abilities as Roach, it's likely that we took the first guy that said yes.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Somebody ALWAYS leaves.

Comment

• Personally, I don't see Baker turning pro after this season unless he is assured of being a first round pick. Assured, not just hopeful. Maybe not even then.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
                          Personally, I don't see Baker turning pro after this season unless he is assured of being a first round pick. Assured, not just hopeful. Maybe not even then.
                          I agree, but as you look down the roster there are no assurances of anyone on the current list staying. They could all graduate, turn pro, or leave due to lack of PT.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Somebody ALWAYS leaves.
                            Who left a scholie after last year?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Who left a scholie after last year?
                              Derail Green
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                Derail Green
                                Oh god I feel stupid.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X