Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    Here is a collection of tweets from Paul Suellentrop:
    Kerwin Roach of Houston North Shore says he is down to 3 schools - Texas, Cal, Wichita State. Visited WSU earlier this month.
    Roach, a 6-4 guard, is No. 34 on the http://Rivals.com list. Says his relationship with WSU assistant Greg Heiar is big for keeping
    WSU on the list. Also hit it off with Fred VanVleet on his visit. Wants to major in computer engineering.
    I called him Monday to talk and he said he had to do homework. That doesn't happen often when I'm making recruiting calls.
    If anyone can influence Roach for the Shockers, Fred can. Between Roach and McDuffie, what is happening is pretty exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      If anyone can influence Roach for the Shockers, Fred can. Between Roach and McDuffie, what is happening is pretty exciting.
      And we've already got verbals from Shamet and Hamilton!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        And we've already got verbals from Shamet and Hamilton!
        Don't forget about Rickeem.

Comment

• His nickname is Snoop.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Horns are confident that they're a lock for Roach.

@HornSports: We talked to 4-star hoops recruit Kerwin Roach & family member last week. Still #UT's to lose http://t.co/VEcy20zHkF http://t.co/Fliic9fF2f
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
              When you say "horns" do you mean some random dude on a horns chat board?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                When you say "horns" do you mean some random dude on a horns chat board?
                HornSports.com. @HornSports

Texas Longhorns Sports & Recruiting Website . USA Today Sports Digital Properties Partner.
                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Texas has been known to get overconfident, and not only about basketball recruiting -- does the name A'Shawn Robinson, a five-star defensive line recruit from Fort Worth and long-time Texas commit who ended up starting for my Crimson Tide as a freshman, sound familiar to any football fans?

Who knows what will happen with Roach, especially given the other guys that are visiting WSU this fall, but it's safe to say they're pretty full of themselves in Austin. And things don't always work as anticipated for them.

Comment

• With Taylor signing, I assume WSU is out of the running for Roach...
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                      With Taylor signing, I assume WSU is out of the running for Roach...
                      Same size and same position. Hard to see WSU pressing him for a signature at this point, but I would bet that if he wanted to come, we would find room. If we sign anybody else at this point, I want McDuffie (although he sounds about identical to Hamilton).
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• We'll see what happens with Roach. Nothing would surprise me.

As far as McDuffie is concerned, he's much smaller and lighter than Hamilton, who is a PF who needs to develop his outside shot to turn into Son of Cleanthony. McDuffie is more of a SF in size. I'd love to see him join the Shocks -- he'd be competing with Zach Brown, not Hamilton.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          We'll see what happens with Roach. Nothing would surprise me.

As far as McDuffie is concerned, he's much smaller and lighter than Hamilton, who is a PF who needs to develop his outside shot to turn into Son of Cleanthony. McDuffie is more of a SF in size. I'd love to see him join the Shocks -- he'd be competing with Zach Brown, not Hamilton.
                          McDuffie is indeed a wing forward, but his listed size is 6-7 or 6-8 and between 175 and 190. Hamilton is listed at 6-8 or 6-9 and between 200 and 210. Hamilton is bigger, but given that he's a year older I would consider it negligible. He certainly could be competing with Brown, but I also wouldn't rule out competition with Hamilton either.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Both Hamilton and McDuffie have been compared to Early. Early didn't have the handles or quite strong enough defense to be effective at the 3 although he improved in these areas. If McDuffie has these capabilities, he could play there. However, both are being compared because of their complimentary talents to play on both the inside and perimeter aspects of the game.

Comment

• I tweeted Eric Bossi asking what the Taylor signing does to our chances with Roach. Kerwin favorited my tweet. I have no idea how to interpret that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                I tweeted Eric Bossi asking what the Taylor signing does to our chances with Roach. Kerwin favorited my tweet. I have no idea how to interpret that.
                                Obviously your Twitter game isn't as strong as you thought it was. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X