Kerwin Roach Jr. 15 SG 6-3 - Verbal Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    Fan is short for fanatic. You aren't a fan unless you are just a little crazy :)
    I guess I am not a fan as I am not a little crazy. I am A LOT crazy!
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      Fan is short for fanatic. You aren't a fan unless you are just a little crazy :)
      Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
      I am A LOT crazy!
      Likewise...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        You're putting emotions into something you have absolutely no control over. Just enjoy the ride and see how it plays out. If he comes here, great, if not, we'll get someone else that fits the program.
        Or we might not get anyone else since scholarships are filled up. But I think the coaches might know something and are just staying prepared in case we have a few less players at the end of the season.

Comment

Baker's probably gone after this year. My money's on a 3rd signing.

Comment

You're putting emotions into something you have absolutely no control over. Just enjoy the ride and see how it plays out. If he comes here, great, if not, we'll get someone else that fits the program.
            How was the Debbie Downer convention Dan?
            :-)

Comment

Baker's probably gone after this year. My money's on a 3rd signing.
              and perhaps a 4th in the spring

Comment

With Evan and Ron both graduating, who knows how creative they will get with scholarships.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  I'm thinking the verbal will be the time to get excited.
                  I agree, somewhat, and I admit that I'm excited about Landry Shamet, because I think he's almost certainly in the fold for good, which isn't always the case with verbal commitments -- but I think signing day would be the time to get really excited.

Comment

Who was the last verbal commitment not to sign an LOI?

And to clarify, I'm not talking about players like Earl Watson, who signed but didn't qualify.

Comment

He is in ICT

@SumbdyFixDaNet: Just landed in wichita kansas 🙌🙌🙌 http://t.co/DrSeFL9mY3

@SumbdyFixDaNet: Not use to this but it's pretty cool so far http://t.co/13ADT0TDv2
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Anything below about 65 degrees is FREEZING COLD for someone from Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And to clarify, I'm not talking about players like Earl Watson, who signed but didn't qualify.
                          I think Teddy Hawkins might be an answer to this question.

If you never want to be disappointed, don't read the recruiting forum.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            I think Teddy Hawkins might be an answer to this question.
                            He signed...just never actually showed up here due to grades. That's why there was the whole controversy of him sitting out of the WSU games this upcoming season, which did get overturned. He signed with WSU and then ended up at fellow MVC school Illinois State.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

And why shouldn't you refer to guys who sign but don't qualify? Are their washouts -- Watson, or Crazy Teddy, or Uwadiae -- somehow less disappointing?

Anyway, to answer your overly qualified question, maybe JR (or whatever he ended up calling himself) Pinnock, back before Marshall was here?

So granted, it doesn't happen that often with WSU, although it might be a different story if football were part of the landscape here. I see it happen probably 5-6 times a year with Alabama's football recruiting -- guys who decommit and go elsewhere, or those who commit elsewhere and end up at Alabama after all. Maybe it's also more likely with the really high profile guys, or less so with Marshall's solid citizens (which obviously excludes Dana Ford's guy Hawkins).

Still, the bottom line is that, in my mind, they don't count until they sign AND qualify. If they commit but don't show up to play, to me it doesn't really matter when they hit the roadblock. Same with baseball: they don't really count until they commit, and then sign, and then show up for school instead of going pro.

Comment

BREAKING . . .

ANOTHER DERAILMENT IN WICHITA. This thread is off track.

Comment

Working...
                                X