DeShawn Freeman - '15 6-7 F, to Rutgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
    Read what? Is there a thread you can provide? I don't read every thread on this forum like some might. :)
    The NCAA allows you 13 scholarships per year. WSU had 13 scholarship players this year. Carter and Cotton will have run out of eligibility at the end of this year. WSU has signed financial aid agreements with freshman; Tyrone Taylor, Landry Shamet, Markis McDuffie, and Eric Hamilton. Conner Frankamp was added as a transfer. We are currently set for 16 scholarship players next year which puts us 3 over already. Several committed players will not be on scholarship at WSU next year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Several committed players will not be on scholarship at WSU next year.
      Sorry, don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that 3 players are going to be asked to pay their way next year? Or be asked to leave?

Comment

The NCAA allows you 13 scholarships per year. WSU had 13 scholarship players this year. Carter and Cotton will have run out of eligibility at the end of this year. WSU has signed financial aid agreements with freshman; Tyrone Taylor, Landry Shamet, Markis McDuffie, and Eric Hamilton. Conner Frankamp was added as a transfer. We are currently set for 16 scholarship players next year which puts us 3 over already. Several committed players will not be on scholarship at WSU next year.
        So, we are three over. And if we add Freeman, that means we would be four over. Who are the four players that won't be with the team next year if Freeman (or another JUCO big) is added?

Comment

or don't arrive

Comment

Sorry, don't understand what you mean. Are you saying that 3 players are going to be asked to pay their way next year? Or be asked to leave?
            It's unknown to the public how this will be resolved. We are three over on paper right now. I imagine that Marshall and the team knows how this will end up.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I'm not sure that Frankamp will go on scholly when he's done sitting out. No one knows (at least from what I've seen) whether or when Frankamp will get a scholly.

In fact I'm betting that part of his punishment for the DUI will be to pay for his tuition and books second semester next year with the promise he will get his scholly if he keeps his nose clean.

Another possibility is that Wessel will attend grad school and pay his own way next year.

I'm kind of doubtful that Baker will go to the NBA.

Do your own math from there, but someone will probably leave beyond that point. That's why I've been saying if we DO bring another big in they had better be much better than what we already have. I don't like the concept of asking someone to leave, though I know it is being done more frequently.

Comment

So, we are three over. And if we add Freeman, that means we would be four over. Who are the four players that won't be with the team next year if Freeman (or another JUCO big) is added?
                You catch on quick. This has been discussed forever. Sorry for my impatience but a blind person could pick out a thread and find information.

Comment

isn't Conner paying his own way?
                  Leaves two over. Still thinking there might be 15 scholies allowed by next year.
                  But as much as I like the whole group, I relax in the fact that Gregg Marshall can count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigman View Post
                    isn't Conner paying his own way?
                    Leaves two over. Still thinking there might be 15 scholies allowed by next year.
                    But as much as I like the whole group, I relax in the fact that Gregg Marshall can count!
                    There is a thread to begin to learn while reading.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      There is a thread to begin to learn while reading.
                      Here is for your convenience.

Comment

I have great faith and respect for wufan, but we have this thing called a head coach that will take that pressure on.

Comment

I highly doubt anyone in the class of 2015 has signed any financial aid paperwork.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

My guess is Wessel meeting may or may not graduate early... Baker may or may not test NBA waters... And a few will have that end of season talk about finding a new home... Never seen a juco transfer asked to leave after one year...

Comment

IMO Wessel and Baker are back for a final season with FVV.

Previous JUCO leaving early...James Anacreon?

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                                I highly doubt anyone in the class of 2015 has signed any financial aid paperwork.
                                You're right. Two signed LOIs. The two prep kids signed something else I believe.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X