No announcement yet.

DeShawn Freeman - '15 6-7 F, to Rutgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Kylemccaskey: Hutch CC's DeShawn Freeman with ridiculous 37-point, 18-rebound performance in do-or-die game. Akbar Hoffman added 19 points.
    In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker View Post
      Just saw him play tonight against Pratt. Reminds me of Carl Hall. Scored 21 points most on the inside and was a beast on the boards. Good strong physical player like Carl with an instinct for the ball on rebounds. They list him at 6'7" 215, but that might be listed a little high because he didn't look any taller than Pratt's 6'5"-6'6" listed players. I like his play a lot but just concerned about the height for a post player.
      sounds like cheese johnson

Comment

I think we would be very happy if DeShawn was added to the mix next year. I heard him being compared to Carl Hall and that's not to shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
          I think we would be very happy if DeShawn was added to the mix next year. I heard him being compared to Carl Hall and that's not to shabby.
          Saw him play last night at Koch arena dropped in 35 points in a victory great in the paint near the basket. Played mostly with back to the basket. Very good offensive player.

Comment

This might be "the" guy. He might be better than most of what we already have and he has upside. I'm thinking it's down to him or nothing, as most of the quality bigs available have probably been spoken for (or we're too late to the party).

Comment

He hit the game winner tonight to put Hutch into the Region 6 championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                This might be "the" guy. He might be better than most of what we already have and he has upside. I'm thinking it's down to him or nothing, as most of the quality bigs available have probably been spoken for (or we're too late to the party).
                There are still a couple of other juco bigs that are available. Spring juco recruiting hasn't heated up yet. A couple of them are on the recruiting forum. It may be this guy though.

Comment

@JonRothstein: Will be hot name in Spring RT @JucoRecruiting: Huge game tonight for Hutchinson CC forward Deshawn Freeman in an OT win over Coffeyville.
                  03/05/2015
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Tropicalshox I'd like to hear from Trop. You don't post as much anymore but no one knows more about this. Is Freeman the man or are other names possibly in play?

Comment

I believe WSU was his top choice when he went to Hutch but don't know about now. He has lots of suitors and I certainly don't know how we would work the scholarships in case we want him and/or Mulder. Both would probably contribute a lot the next 2 years.

As for other front court players currently available perhaps two or three jucos but more of a question for various reasons and I don't know our interest levels.
                      Last edited by tropicalshox; March 7, 2015, 09:06 AM.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Freeman was tournament MVP as Hutch won Region 6 and will play in the NJCAA tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
                          Dude has to know what Hall was able to accomplish at WSU!

He also already has the Hall dreads!
                          The Assman

Comment

I don't understand why we are talking about adding this guy Freeman. Aren't we out of scholarships already, and with Frankamp we are one over. Who is leaving the program or being asked to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
                              I don't understand why we are talking about adding this guy Freeman. Aren't we out of scholarships already, and with Frankamp we are one over. Who is leaving the program or being asked to leave?
                              This statement seems a little disingenuous and something that a troll might say. You've posted 70 times so you are not a newbie. The situation is well documented if you will take the time to read.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                This statement seems a little disingenuous and something that a troll might say. You've posted 70 times so you are not a newbie. The situation is well documented if you will take the time to read.
                                Read what? Is there a thread you can provide? I don't read every thread on this forum like some might. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X