No announcement yet.

Dean Wade, 6-7 Class of 2015 to Kansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update, 02 -- I hadn't seen the news on Hamilton earlier; I was actually sneaking in a little work.

Presumably that accounts for one 2015 scholarship, then, which leaves only one known opening, and it's logical to expect that to go to a wing or PG, especially a tall PG like Dazon Ingram (for example). But even without any pushing (I personally think Derail Green would have been happy enough to stay a Shocker if he had seen a route to playing time; I think that was his chief concern, and rightly so -- but that's a whole separate discussion that isn't really applicable here), a look at the roster as well as experience tell us that it would be surprising for there not to be any more scholarships open, or expected to open up, by spring 2015.

I think it's more likely than not that a spot will be available for Dean Wade when the time comes, and I also think he'd be a fine candidate to carry on the small-town western Kansas legacy at WSU established by Ron Baker.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      Danny White, Trent Richardson, Jerome Bettis, James Harrison are some others
      Fixed, unless you were talking about Tyler Richardson, and in that case was correct.

Comment

Bump...6-9, 220. Top 100ish ranking. Averaged 22, 8, and 4 in 18 minutes per contest. Why only 18? Because his team won by an average of 30 PPG. If he would have played the standard 30 mpg for a kid of his calibre, his line as a junior would have been 35, 14, and 6. By the way...he handles the ball and passes fairly well, shoots 65% from the field and 45% from 3.

Sure, his numbers are inflated due to playing 1A competition, but he's proven to be dominant in AAU as well. If he wants to be a Shocker, we will find a way.
        Livin the dream

Comment

@ebosshoops: I have to do it with Dean Wade in the state I live him. Saw him plenty, knew he was pretty good but never realized he was as good as he is.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Breaking . . .

@coreyevans_10: 2015 Mid Kansas Elite forward Dean Wade has narrowed his school list to Kansas State, Wichita State, Creighton, Vanderbilt, Iowa, & Oklahoma
            08/12/2014
            Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 12, 2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Creighton? I don't want him anymore.

I want a player who has more self respect than that.

Comment

Great news!
                Livin the dream

Comment

First official to KSU

@coreyevans_10: 2015 Mid Kansas Elite forward Dean Wade will also take his first official visit to Kansas State on August 29
                  08/12/2014
                  Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 12, 2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Hopefully the dude choses his school based on who he will play FOR, not who he will play AGAINST.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

If anyone can pull a kid out of K-State country and bring him to Wichita, it is Gregg Marshall.
                      78-65

Comment

You hit the nail on the head rocky,that is what most kids are doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          If anyone can pull a kid out of K-State country and bring him to Wichita, it is Gregg Marshall.
                          And how funny will that be if it continues to happen

Comment

Never met this kid, but a diploma from Vandy has to be golden............

Comment

I can see a room full of our coaches at this kid's house asking him about what he wants to do for college. The conversation moves to the schools he is considering the most. He starts listing them, and when he gets to "Creighton" the room erupts with laughter and faces that suggest everyone thinks he must be kidding.

I guess if you hate defense and love flying long distances very often, losing basketball games, fans with divided allegiance, and hanging out with 37 year old basketball players who are slow, unathletic horse players, CU might be the place for you.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Never met this kid, but a diploma from Vandy has to be golden............
                                Memorial Gymnasium receives the...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X