Dean Wade, 6-7 Class of 2015 to Kansas State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean Wade, 6-7 Class of 2015 to Kansas State

Rivals' database is showing WSU and K-State interest in Saint John, KS, 6-7 PF/C, Dean Wade. Saint John is a class 1-A1 school. Wade is averaging 16 ppg, 7.7rpg and over 3.6 blocks.
    In the fast lane

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    Rivals' database is showing WSU and K-State interest in Saint John, KS, 6-7 PF/C, Dean Wade. Saint John is a class 1-A1 school. Wade is averaging 16 ppg, 7.7rpg and over 3.6 blocks.
    Class?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      Class?
      2015 as it says in the title
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

You guys are friggin' comedians...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          2015 as it says in the title
          Hey, nobody told me this was going to be a reading comprehension fan site.

Comment

Soft Bump

"29 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 6 steals in only 14:15 minutes of play. He also shot 80% from the field and had 5 dunks in the game."

— Basketball Coaching Staff

Check out Dean Wade's high school sports timeline including updates while playing basketball and football at St. John High School (KS).
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Hey, nobody told me this was going to be a reading comprehension fan site.
              It's in the reeaallly fine print.

Comment

Tulsa was in to see him this week.

Comment

Mentioned in the Dallas Morning News as having Shockers on his "short list"?
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

Dallas?

Comment

AAU activity, pin -- here's the excerpt:

"Dallas Showtyme Elite falls in final: One of the day’s most impressive performances at Duncanville Fieldhouse (formerly known as Bob Knight’s Fieldhouse) came from 6-8 Dean Wade. He scored 30 points to lead Mid Kansas 17U to a 68-46 victory against Dallas Showtyme Elite in the championship game of the NBA Division’s green bracket. Wade said Wichita State, Kansas State, Boise State, Northwestern and Colorado are among the schools that have expressed interest in him..."

If he's on a Mid Kansas team, it's probably the same guy, and if Northwestern is interested he has to be fairly smart (also NOT a union organizer; they've had enough of that on the football side). WSU will have a slot for a big come open with the departure of Darius Carter (assuming he doesn't have some sort of major injury that would force him to redshirt, which is definitely something WSU doesn't need given its level of experience among the bigs), but we also still need to see what happens with Eric Hamilton when school starts.

Comment

Yes, it is the same guy. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
                        78-65

Comment

Neither Verbal Commits or NY2LA list WSU as "showing interest". NY2LA lists him at 6'9", 210 lbs. The descriptions from those who have seen him play seem to indicate he is a good shooter with 3pt range and from the free throw line. But he needs a lot of work in the rest of his game, including getting tougher around the basket. But they believe he has the frame to support more weight and muscle which will help him down low.

He does have TC's monster slam at ISU-red posted on his Twitter account.

Here is a Dean Wade video:www.nfhsnetwork.com/highlights/27518
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                            Neither Verbal Commits or NY2LA list WSU as "showing interest". NY2LA lists him at 6'9", 210 lbs. The descriptions from those who have seen him play seem to indicate he is a good shooter with 3pt range and from the free throw line. But he needs a lot of work in the rest of his game, including getting tougher around the basket. But they believe he has the frame to support more weight and muscle which will help him down low.

I would be surprised if we hadn't expressed interest. He has nice length with some good skills (handles and quickness) especially on the perimeter for a 6'8 or 6'9 guy. He definitely needs to put on some weight and gain strength. He probably is on the spring docket to see what happens. If we don't have an extra scholarship (because we signed some big timer players) and he only has low major offers, he may be another pay your way the first year guys and we'll pick it up from there for 4 years, or he may be a Sunrisel candidate. I kind of like for us the be the instate school with small town guys (who are talented).

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

It looks like he'll need to work on selling his flops as well. :glee:

Comment

Working...
                              X